More impressive conversion from wrestling to MMA: CM Punk or Aaron Pico?

Zach Freeman has a full time job and still defeated the supposedly greatest prospect in MMA

Well, Pico did say he believes he's capable of being a world champion in boxing, so if he's looking for a reason to switch to a career in boxing this may be it.

The only one worth mentioning

Two different kinds of wrestling.

CM Punk almost won his debut via KO but was just a touch off on his timing, Pico got humiliated.

Aaron Pico has actually already acheived things very few people could actually do, he has been training and competing in wrestling since he was a kid and was placed silver and bronze at the world junior wrestling champion and is the us champion in freestyle, folkstyle and greco-roman as well as a golden gloves boxing champ

The way he took that loss was mature beyond his age. That one loss doesnt mean he wont be a great fighter. He has evrey backing and abilities to do so. Its just one loss, how many great fighters have lost in their careers

Yumiko getting the itch to teach these boys how to land an overhand right.

Y6YWEM.gif

All this American Pie bullshit. The real action is ringside.

I don't like the CM Punk I really don't like the hype behind him and the Gracies behind him they should just cell some Coco Water!

I am not being specific. I am just saying that it is a very common story line for many MMA fighters, especially the American ones.

Teenage deliquent. Did a little high school and college wrestling. Didn't get anywhere. Started fighting in bars, streets or unsanctioned places. Realized a little money could be made fighting as a pro. Joined a gym and became a pro-fighter.

Most are not life long athletes.
Johny Hendricks competed at high levels for years and began training as a kid.

Sometimes the things you think matter actually don't.

best thread title in June.

Aaron Pico has acheived things very few people could do, he has been wrestling since he was a kid and was placed silver and bronze at the world juniors as well as a golden gloves boxing champ

that sounds cool,

and im not sure, but i think CM Punk was a world champion wrestler with title defenses, so he probably gets the nod for better background skills.

Back