More impressed with Gastelum than Wiedman

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He just got outsized he was seconds away from putting weidman out in the first rd.

He'll be back.

If he can't beat Chris then he can't deal with people like Luke rockhold,jacare,Yoel Romero.

If he can't beat Chris then he can't deal with people like Luke rockhold,jacare,Yoel Romero.

He doesn't have to. The size discrepancy tonight should be enough to convince Dana to let him try 170 again.

I think Weidman would have survived the first, that was just a flash knockdown, but it did look like Kelvin could have ended the fight at any moment with the right shot.

tumblr_m7oqutXYfN1r5c792o1_400.gif

Outside of a single punch Kelvin didn't do well at all.

Ripped Kelvin at WW would be scary

He just got outsized he was seconds away from putting weidman out in the first rd.

He'll be back.
I'll be more impressed when he has the discipline to make to cut to his correct Weight Class.

Kelvin was clearly waiting for Chris to gas himself out, and lighting him up on the feet when Chris slowed down. It was working for him as he wasnt sustaining damage and was working out of every position Chris put him into, until Chris locked down that submission which was pretty badass. I think Kelvin wins this fight atleast 5/10 times... he had a great gameplan considering he was at such a huge size and strength disadvantage, and I solemnly believe he would have TKO'd Chris in the 4th or 5th

Kelvin really did fuck up missing weight all those times. UFC will never let him fight at that weight again.

He did have the munchies a lot tho.

Kelvin was clearly waiting for Chris to gas himself out, and lighting him up on the feet when Chris slowed down. It was working for him as he wasnt sustaining damage and was working out of every position Chris put him into, until Chris locked down that submission which was pretty badass. I think Kelvin wins this fight atleast 5/10 times... he had a great gameplan considering he was at such a huge size and strength disadvantage, and I solemnly believe he would have TKO'd Chris in the 4th or 5th

It amazes me how some people interpret fights.

Jesus is this going to be the narrative after another sherdog hype job goes bust? Dude landed one punch and that's it. Dominated in every other aspect and was getting tagged in the striking in round 3. He beat 3 shot fighters before this and belongs at 170 where he could potentially be the champ. Gastelum as a top middleweight was always a pipe dream.

Back