MMA Wrestling Sources

whooty

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been studying and teaching MMA for quite some time now. I'm always looking for things in fights, or in instructionals or youtube video's to try and gather ideas from.

For most grappling and striking sequences this is quite easy, there are a lot of good DVDs and youtube channels offering cool stuff to try. However, I'm finding trouble in two areas. Clinch striking and wrestling in general.

What I'm looking for:
- Wrestling technique video's.
- Good chain-wrestling sequences to drill.
- Clinch grappling and striking setups.

I'm already familliar with Dan Gable's work, and Saulo Ribeiro's freestyle revolution.
So, does anybody have some cool sources?

I'll post some upper body wrestling ones later, idk if you will have seen them. I find most "mma wrestling" resources to be.. elementary

In for wrestling videos that translate to mma quickly and easily

I'll post some upper body wrestling ones later, idk if you will have seen them. I find most "mma wrestling" resources to be.. elementary

Wrestling in MMA is elementary compared to pure wrestling. The same is true of BJJ. Reason being, that with the option being there to hit the guy, a lot of the positions and setups that make the pure grappling game so deep go out the window. Everything becomes more about timing and precision than technical depth.

To OP, other than the old Daryl Gholar and Van Arsdale sets I don't know of a whole lot of good wrestling for MMA material out there. Chris Leben actually has a few very good videos on YouTube, but I've never seen for example a cage wrestling DVD. For clinch striking your best bet is probably to look at Muay Thai instructionals, one place that has a lot of good material is Sylvie Duuglas-Ittu's website, she lives and trains in Thailand and if you subscribe to her Patreon page for like $5 a month you get access to film of sessions she did with a ton of different legendary Muay Thai champions, mostly on the clinch. It's well worth it. I've never seen any good video on MMA dirty boxing unfortunately, so the Thai clinch is probably your best bet.

Thanks for the responses guys, and Hendo's new website certainly looks interesting, the pricing is a bit steep though, but I might give that a go.

All suggestions are more then welcome, pure wresting things as well, I love watching and trying to see what works for grappling, or MMA.

Back