mma, muay thai or boxing gyms in nj

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok so I'm probably going to get some comments like are you a troll or something. Same old same old. Anyways so I did some research and I'm still looking for a gym, I thought about going to pure mma in Rockaway, nj (too far I don't mind but the schedule ehh), then i looked up some other gyms in nj, and one that came up was whippany athletic's, which they are a boxing gym that also does some weightlifting competitions like powerlifting and shit like that (not really my style, and their not really big on competing I don't think I'll find out more information once the head coach calls me). The one thing I don't trust is a gym without a website or public schedule, so right now i'm itching to get back in a fight gym and just get a fight. So as some of you may know my mom is paying for a fight gym as long as I don't look for fights (laugh it off, I know I should be paying for my own shot, but she's got to pay for it for now).

So the gyms I have considered are, driven gym (which is run by my old instructor), pure mixed martial arts (which is a gym that my boy at the YMCA trained at briefly, he also became a muay thai champion) and whippany athletic club (which is a kind of a workout gym, but allegedly they do competitions, the guy I spoke to today he told me to give him my number and text him my information). The only gyms I can think of to go to are really in new york city, but I'm unemployed right now, (one security job said that they would call me when the guy finds an opening on his schedule, one guy who works for that company also told me to call in a couple of weeks and see what's going on, and another security company is probably not going to hire me because I left on a bad note with 2 security companies). But this is not about finding a job this is about finding a gym.

Now I don't want to put my mom through a contract, what I mean by that is have her pay for a contract and if I don't like the gym or their bull shitting, then I'll want to leave.

So what other options are their? I tried looking into allstar bjj, they actually said 2 years ago that they don't accept guys from brawlhouse (which is the gym that i use to train at).

So any more options any gyms that people can recommend, really appreciated. And my moms not letting me go to any gyms in the hood, so that's out of the question, even though I spend a lot of time in the hood with a few friends over their sometime.

Edit: 1 other gym I found is jersey city kickboxing which according to google maps, they have had a lot of fighters that fought amateur. Those are the only 4 gyms that I found that seem legit to me.

Edit 2: I also found 1 other gym called north jersey muay thai.

Last edited:
Back