News MMA Journalism Dying? - Longtime MMA Journalist Marc Raimondi Leaving MMA for NFL

Dana White has beaten the MMA press into submission. I believe he used Ariel Helwani as an example.
Now the press is there to just kiss danas ass. Feels super similar to the press during the trump white house. Ive never enjoyed a post fight conference because the questions are always so boring and when they are interesting like whos gonna fight who dana has no answer and moves on. Its like give us hints or something or make it interesting.

Yeah it's quite obviously dying, with all the fighters, coaches, and influencers having their own form of "media" that is 99% fluff work for the UFC vs journalism, which is actually covering the positive AND negative events around and inside the sport.
MMA media is thriving, MMA journalism is what's dying.

It seems like the OG's are slowly fading, wonder who they'll hire for him?

Marc Raimondi always sucked to be honest and a lot of journalists in MMA do. To be frank, most MMA journalists were just guys who couldn't make it in sports journalism and found an open niche in MMA, they weren't actually passionate and knowledgeable about the sport.

This new age of MMA journalism is in podcasting and social media. A lot of it is done by coaches and current/former fighters. There's some guys breaking through who weren't fighters, whether you like them or not it doesn't really matter. The Weasel and MMA Guru are some huge ones. I mainly listen to Jack Slack and some Submission Radio and Luke Thomas. I don't really consume much MMA media, most of its really cookie cutter redundant shit and has been for 2 decades. It's just changing, MMA journalism, it's not dying. The sports quite obviously growing.

Covering only one team compared to an entire sport is a huge downgrade
A huge downgrade in terms of what? Money? Prestige? I'm not sure either is the case. The NFL is a much bigger business than the UFC.

Look on the bright side, we still have Nina Drama. I’m looking forward to her interview with Conor McGregor. She’ll probably come dressed as a leprechaun with some lucky charms and pint of green beer. She definitely knows what the fans want.

Dana White has beaten the MMA press into submission. I believe he used Ariel Helwani as an example.
Now the press is there to just kiss danas ass. Feels super similar to the press during the trump white house. Ive never enjoyed a post fight conference because the questions are always so boring and when they are interesting like whos gonna fight who dana has no answer and moves on. Its like give us hints or something or make it interesting.

Ariel did deserve it though. If it was my business, I would have done the same thing after the lesnar reveal.

Sad part is, all Ariel had to do was hit Dana up and ask if true, and Dana would have given him the green light at the right time to release, but he went into business for himself and fucked up what could have been a badass reveal from a production standpoint.

A huge downgrade in terms of what? Money? Prestige? I'm not sure either is the case. The NFL is a much bigger business than the UFC.
It's a downgrade as he was the premier reporter for ESPN MMA along with Brett Okamoto, now he's going to a singular team in NFL who isnt even good.

It's a downgrade as he was the premier reporter for ESPN MMA along with Brett Okamoto, now he's going to a singular team in NFL who isnt even good.
But the NFL probably generates more than 32 times as much revenue as the UFC so I'm not sure that's really a downgrade.

Yeah it's quite obviously dying, with all the fighters, coaches, and influencers having their own form of "media" that is 99% fluff work for the UFC vs journalism, which is actually covering the positive AND negative events around and inside the sport.
MMA media is thriving, MMA journalism is what's dying.

Well summed up, there are just way more different channels these days for the UFC to get their message to their fans.

I don’t follow him, so idk what content he puts out regularly, but I only see him sparingly during fight week whereas the people who seem to be doing really well access the fighters w/ or w/o fights booked and stay pumping out stuff for social media independently since that’s the nature of the beast now. Not to mention fighters trying to have their own platforms.

If I were him I’d be looking out at the mma landscape, feeling the pressure to be a social media personality vs a journalist, then thinking it’s a losing battle for someone like him to compete w schmo, Yee, and Nina etc for clicks cus not only does he not seem like someone who could do silly, entertainment content, but he also doesn’t have a pair of rockin tits if all else fails

Numbers ain't lie tho fam whatever NFL cash this man's scooping up Bisping Dan Hellie and Forrest be pulling in like 4x that bag widdem #PowerSlap gigs they landed💰💸 Mandem stacking chips heavy for sure 🗣️ 📠 🚫🖨️

But yo, I'm just the messenger tho fam, no h8 🚫🐄🐮

#Cardone10x

Back