MMA Head Trainers that embrace Bruce Lee's Philosophy

It's funny - Bruce Lee can seriously be considered the father of cross training and MMA. So just about any MMA gym that covers striking, wrestling and groundwork is, in a sense, a descendant of Bruce Lee

The Title of this thread is to bold, look back at page one, where I clarify exactly what I'm looking for.

It's funny - Bruce Lee can seriously be considered the father of cross training and MMA. So just about any MMA gym that covers striking, wrestling and groundwork is, in a sense, a descendant of Bruce Lee
well there were others before them. for example, mas oyama cross trained karate and judo. Gene Lebell also cross trained judo and boxing. Bruce def influenced most people to cross train though, although his system of JKD had very specific techniques.

well there were others before them. for example, mas oyama cross trained karate and judo. Gene Lebell also cross trained judo and boxing. Bruce def influenced most people to cross train though, although his system of JKD had very specific techniques.

Yeah, basically, Bruce Lee added western boxing, high kicks from northern styles, and fencing to his Wing Chun and called it Jun Fan Gung Fu. JKD is more of a philosophy than a style. The style of no style.

Yeah, basically, Bruce Lee added western boxing, high kicks from northern styles, and fencing to his Wing Chun and called it Jun Fan Gung Fu. JKD is more of a philosophy than a style. The style of no style.
I read that bruce got his high kicks from Chuck Norris( tang soo do) and a korean guy who did tkd. I don't know about the styles of kung fu. Are northern known for their kicks and southern their punches?

I read that bruce got his high kicks from Chuck Norris( tang soo do) and a korean guy who did tkd. I don't know about the styles of kung fu. Are northern known for their kicks and southern their punches?

I'm not really that much of an expert on it, but it would make sense that he learned northern kicks in Hong Kong and then improved on it with Jhoon Rhee and Chuck.

I'm not really that much of an expert on it, but it would make sense that he learned northern kicks in Hong Kong and then improved on it with Jhoon Rhee and Chuck.
yeah true. I heard he didnt believe in kicking above the waist before he met them.

He did not care much for head kicks off camera. Even after getting good at them.

images

Straight Blast is a franchise, they almost certainly have a gym in California.

Team Blackhouse in San Diego looks pretty good.
Anybody here been there before?
Any experience with any of the instructors here?

Any good MMA coach will let you play and try out different striking tools. As long as you get the fundamentals right.

Yah well theres a difference between a good striking coach and a masterful one, you know, someone who is truly a maestro with mitts and tuned in with every detail of proper technique and flow. I've been looking at some videos of some striking instructors at the gyms I've been looking at, and still haven't seen anything special really.
Please, anybody out there have some good suggestions on a solid, and clean MMA gym with instructors similar to what I've described.
Thank You

Back