MMA gyms in Belfast?

Broscientist

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out and tell me what possibilities there are to train and compete in MMA, in Belfast.

Maybe a gym where you can do it all, standup, wrestling and bjj for example. Or some recomendations of a kickboxing and bjj gym or something would do.

long time lurker, created an account just to reply. I used to train at gracie barra Belfast and cant recommend them enough. Great instruction and great atmosphere but then my son arrived and now ive no time for training. they do a free trial you could do that and decide if its the place for you. my brother trains mma in ifs on dargen road and he raves about it you could check them out too

Thanks, I've been looking online as well but can't seem to find any info about the quality of the classes.

I'm currently competing at a near professional level of kickboxing and about to make my amateur mma debut and aspire to achieve much more.

I might be relocating to belfast (for about a year) and I need to know my quality of training and competing won't suffer.

I can only personally vouch for gracie barra belfast the head instructor is called graham keys and he is fantastic, they also have very frequent seminars from bjj legends. At a recent clan wars (a pretty big promotion) ifs won every single fight on the card they had a fighter in. If its kickboxing youre after theres a club around the corner from me called prokick. Kickboxing isnt my thing but the head instructor there is billy murry and i think hes a pretty big deal in kickboxing circles

If you find anywhere that trains first thing in the morning let me know, before work is the only free time I have these days.

Theres sbg belfast now
And a wrestling club run by an ex d1 guy somewhere

Ideally id need somewhere that starts training at 6ish 6.30 at the latest to make it to work afterwards, sbg dont start till 7 and gracie barra no longer seem to do a morning class. Any other places u know of? I was considering just getting some mats for my yard and seeing if i could entice some people to come and roll with a 2 stripe white belt at the crack of dawn but the idea seemed ridiculous.

Robson Moura has an affiliate in the Valley Leisure Centre in North Belfast. Good bunch of guys. They split training between there and an MMA gym in Antrim.

IFS MMA club is meant to be decent, they cover most aspects youre looking for, as does SBG.

GB Belfast is run by Graham Keys a Braulio Estima BB so is really legit.

Theres also Fight Academy but I don't really know too much about there.

Back