MMA Greats In Cage With Fedor

Stan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

This is just not a common scene to see in the MMA. All these MMA past greats wanted to be present to see the GOAT in his last fight. Even though Fedor couldn't pull off a win seeing all these greats come into the cage to support him at the end was a surprise he never expected.

Fedor Emelianenko, Chuck Liddell, Quinton Jackson, Josh Barnett, Renzo Gracie, Mark Coleman, Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Frank Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Chael Sonnen and Matt Hughes. Anyone else?

Last edited:
During the post-fight presser, Scott Coker revealed that Mirko Cro Cop was supposed to attend the event, and was one of the first people to call him to express his interest. As the fight got closer, other obligations prevented the ex-Heavyweight striker from making the trip.

Wow Fedor is almost as small as Matt hughes yet he destroyed beasts. What a badass. Much respect.
yea he was mostly undersized his entire career, and still beat the shit out of HWs his whole career.

Plain to see bellator/Rizin is the main branch, righteous promoter, superior planner and highest authority of MMA.

Glad Coker could summon so many great fighters to this historical place. But I didn't mind seeing a few others as well like mark Hunt and Mirko filpovich.

Never ever seen Chuck's mohawk so fluffy.

During the post-fight presser, Scott Coker revealed that Mirko Cro Cop was supposed to attend the event, and was one of the first people to call him to express his interest. As the fight got closer, other obligations prevented the ex-Heavyweight striker from making the trip.
That would have been cool.

Amazing moment in MMA history.

Wow the mad respect they have for Fedor is amazing to say the least. They deserve their own respects for being pioneers of the sport and also being top of the food chain gladiators. Respects to everyone.

Plain to see bellator/Rizin is the main branch, righteous promoter, superior planner and highest authority of MMA.

Glad Coker could summon so many great fighters to this historical place. But I didn't mind seeing a few others as well like mark Hunt and Mirko filpovich.

Mirko wrote this on his instagram page.

Translate

Tomorrow early in the morning after his last fight, the last PRIDE’s giant and champion, Fedor Emelianenko, will leave the battle scene! For me, the greatest and most complete MMA fighter of all time. It was a pleasure and privilege to share the ring with him once and to share the same dressing room many times in the Saitama Arena. Regardless of the outcome of tomorrow’s match, for me and many others, you remain forever the icon of free fighting and the GOAT. Good luck, Fedor.

What's funny is that the "Last Emperor" nickname never made much sense to me.

But after seeing him with all those legends from his era and knowing he was the last one to retire, it's like it finally makes sense.

I think he's also the last pride fighter to retire so it fits there too, since he was definitely the Emperor of that org.

It is great to see the Pioneers and Legends of MMA there for Fedor's retirement and to honor The GOAT.

Back