MMA fighter - 2 fights per year

NHL/NBA/Pro Footballer - around a 100 games per year including playoffs, champions league, etc...

So if they’re putting in 50 times more workdays, why is it surprising or unfair that they are making about 50 times more in sallary?

<{vega}>
Each fight has an 8 week camp. 2 fights and they would work 120 days per year

Each fight has an 8 week camp. 2 fights and they would work 120 days per year
And other pro athletes don’t train? Silly argument, I didn’t bring up training or practice because it goes without saying that any top level pro athlete is putting his life into it and is always working on staying at that level.

Still waiting for a reasonable response.

On their way to the title, a lot of fighters do 3 or 4 fights a year.
Once they become contenders, or god forbid, champions, they start to cherry pick fights, or in cases like Conor or both Diaz, they make enough money to never fight again.

Truth of the matter is, MMA can't get big enough to where fighters would get millions every fight, if that happens they'd fight once every 3 or 4 years.

NBA players aren't throwing their bones at each other and getting knocked unconscious are they
ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

Ron "A-level athlete" Artest is lightweight champ with 6 months of training

TRAVIS FULTON has 318 MMA fights and 65 boxing fights.

And still he doesn't seem so contused as Max or Stipe when he talks. Or worse, as James Toney.

TRAVIS FULTON has 318 MMA fights and 65 boxing fights.

And still he doesn't seem so contused as Max or Stipe when he talks. Or worse, as James Toney.

If Travis Fulton actually trained he would be a great fighter. Unfortunately instead of spending his time training. He spent his time fighting.

And they have 2 jobs. Show up in shape and on weight. Huge fights and dudes can’t make weight when they show up for work the 2-4 times a yr.

Wrong. They show up for work every time they go to the gym.

What trolling?

All I see around here is bitching about how little mma fighters make relative to other athletes, so I simply pointed out that those other guys are putting in a lot more hours?

Lebron, Modric and Crosby put in hundreds of hours this year, while some mma fighters spend about 5-10 minutes a year in there if their fights end by finish.

Im still waiting for a real counter argument, if I’m looking at it all wrong please educate me instead of just being a bunch of emotional meatheads as usual.

If you think that the only time a professional fighter is putting in time occurs when the referee says “let’s go”, you are unbelievably unsophisticated.

Do you think fighters do nothing between fights? They can only fight 1-4 times a year because they have to prepare for the fight. The preparation could be considered the real job.

Do you think fighters do nothing between fights? They can only fight 1-4 times a year because they have to prepare for the fight. The preparation could be considered the real job.
NFL/NHL players train and practice every day too. They don't just show up on the field at the beginning of the season.

Were you born that stupid or did something happen to you?

If you think that the only time a professional fighter is putting in time occurs when the referee says “let’s go”, you are unbelievably unsophisticated.
I already addressed this several times you muppet, obviously any top level athlete is constantly training and putting his life into it.

The most shocking thing about this thread is the fact that it came from a 2006 account.

That means you've been a fucking moron for at least 12 years that we know of.

Because not all sports have the same physical requirements, when you fight it's pretty much guaranteed your getting at least a minor concussion, those other sports there's a very good possibility you can go a full year without suffering brain trauma. A boxer died recently from fighting too soon after a head injury.

As for your argument about training, a fight camp is way more intense then what other pro sports do, in other sports they have fairly intense training, then light training for maintenance during the season. If you tried to train at the intensity of a fight camp year round your body would break down within a year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back