mixing in pick a boo style in kickboxing?

Max Striker

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i train kickboxing and a big fan of mike tyson, esp his head movement, i like how he's moving from side to side when evading and doesn't throw the shoulder conventionally, i just don't see that very often.
by my stats (6'3, 158lbs/72kg, tall and lanky) you would normally advise me not to do that but i still believe that with enough dedication, a few adjustments and hopefully some tips from you guys, i can make it happen.

Even if you where short and bulky, no one would advise you to do pick a boo in kickboxing...

Peeking against whom?
Peek a boo is a style for getting underneath reach. And really, good for boxers. Peek under a jab and get kneed. Don't being your head to a shorter person's level.

It's really terrible for your back. Want an 80-yr-old's spine at age 24? There are better ways without gaining the janky back

Its not even a great idea for a boxer, let alone a kickboxer. It's not made to work against kickboxing and neither is mayweather's sideways crab style.

i train kickboxing and a big fan of mike tyson, esp his head movement, i like how he's moving from side to side when evading and doesn't throw the shoulder conventionally, i just don't see that very often.
by my stats (6'3, 158lbs/72kg, tall and lanky) you would normally advise me not to do that but i still believe that with enough dedication, a few adjustments and hopefully some tips from you guys, i can make it happen.
So you're tall and lanky, but want to fight like a very short HW? I don't see how this could ever go wrong.

with your stats you should be trying more to imitate remy bojansky's defensive high guard and range mastery.

If i was tall and lanky i would move forward with knees all the time

Back