One MMA Fan

@Gold
Reaction score
Time stamped:

- Victor Conte thinks he was micro-dosing the entire time
- someone in his circle/camp is a black-belt at cheating
- just had bad luck with a contamination or else never been discovered
- badass fighter with or without cheating

Meathead vs Juicehead, september 2021 after suspension is up.

This is a great listen. Meat is a cool dude. Juiced Jones popped 2X in his prime.

This is a great listen. Meat is a cool dude. Juiced Jones popped 2X in his prime.

Yea, they talked about Lorenzo and pay negotiations before the the time stamp then after they talk about Khabib and training stories, rumor for Cain vs Ivan Drago, etc.

I agree and think it all adds up. But I disagree with them saying "Jones beats everyone even off PEDs". I don't think we can say that considering he narrowly beat Gus and the first fight with Cormier was pretty close. Jon won no doubt, but I had it 3-2. It's hard to know how much extra push it gives him.

He is still an amazing fighter but there needs to be an asterisk.

No doubt about it.

But was he more badass than the fighters he fought?
We will never know, because he CHEATED to beat them
IMO, this is the way to think about Jones. All you read on Sherdog is either a) Jones was framed/is innocent/is the GOAT... or b) Jones is a cheater and therefor I will criticize everything he ever does and discount his entire career.

Thank you for seeing something for what it is, instead of strictly black and white. Sherdog needs more people like you.
Jones is a badass fighter. Jones has been caught cheating. There is no way to distinguish when, where and how he cheated outside of the times he was caught.

Conte is shady but nevermind that.

Jon is innocent. Also the GOAT.

IMO, this is the way to think about Jones. All you read on Sherdog is either a) Jones was framed/is innocent/is the GOAT... or b) Jones is a cheater and therefor I will criticize everything he ever does and discount his entire career.

Thank you for seeing something for what it is, instead of strictly black and white. Sherdog needs more people like you.
Jones is a badass fighter. Jones has been caught cheating. There is no way to distinguish when, where and how he cheated outside of the times he was caught.

Actually, it's still b) for me.
He IS a cheater.
Will I criticize everything he ever does? No.
Is his career discounted? Well - it's under one huge question mark. EVERYTHING he accomplished is under question mark.
So yes, it is discounted in a sort of way.

Actually, it's still b) for me.
He IS a cheater.
Will I criticize everything he ever does? No.
Is his career discounted? Well - it's under one huge question mark. EVERYTHING he accomplished is under question mark.
So yes, it is discounted in a sort of way.
Oh yes, of course he is a cheater during the times he got caught. I was absolutely not trying to stick up for him. I guess my point is that even though he is a cheater he is still clearly one of the greatest of all times, just like you said - with an asterisk or question mark. I'm of the belief that if you get caught cheating it's likely not to be your first time. But suspicion is not the same as proof.

Sorry man, I'm really conflicted about these types of things. I was just playing a little devil's advocate. My real point was that you were rational about your views on Bones

Last edited:
Good stuff, especially prior to the timestamp he talks about his issues with USADA and biological passports etc...

When the heck is that USADA hearing ? why do we need to wait 1 damn year to get a sentence on a case how much time does Jones people/lawyer/manager need to delay and get ready for this.

When the heck is that USADA hearing ? why do we need to wait 1 damn year to get a sentence on a case how much time does Jones people/lawyer/manager need to delay and get ready for this.
It's possible that it's come and gone by now. USADA won't release anything publicly so it's up to Jones when we find out what went down, if and when it has.

Well the thing is I also agree with this statement, there is a reason why he didn't go up to HWs in the first place, why he diets and cuts weight when if he eats up and does his thing he will be in that 235 - 245 lbs range easy.

Back