Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134041159.html

CLIFFS:
  • Guy is born and raised US citizen; not Middle Eastern
  • Became radicalized/converted to Islam
  • Posted on social media about converting and was pro-violence towards US
  • Planned with undercover agent to provide material support in attack that "would be bigger than Boston Bombing"

Robert Lorenzo Hester Jr., 25, of Columbia, was arrested Friday and accused of plotting a Presidents Day jihadist terrorist attack on buses, trains and a train station in Kansas City. Neil Nakahodo and Chris Ochsner The Kansas City Star

A Columbia man is accused of plotting a Presidents Day jihadist terrorist attack on buses, trains and a train station in Kansas City.

Robert Lorenzo Hester Jr., 25, was charged in U.S. District Court of Kansas City with attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

The charges were the culmination of a months-long FBI investigation during which Hester allegedly expressed his willingness to assist in what he believed was an Islamic State plan to cause mass casualties in an attack on U.S. soil.

During the investigation, undercover FBI employees posing as Islamic State operatives met with Hester on numerous occasions. At their request, he allegedly bought items that he believed were to be used in constructing bombs, including nails to cause maximum casualties.

He was arrested Friday after a final meeting with an undercover FBI employee he believed to be an Islamic State sympathizer, according to court documents.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134041159.html#storylink=cpy

How do the feds find these people in the first place? Shouldn't they be trying to catch people who, on their own, are looking to carry out attacks. I'm always a bit conflicted when it seems the feds are the ones doing the planning and plotting and ensnare a random idiot. But, he actually bought materials so he could be easily persuaded by real terrorists I suppose.

How do the feds find these people in the first place? Shouldn't they be trying to catch people who, on their own, are looking to carry out attacks. I'm always a bit conflicted when it seems the feds are the ones doing the planning and plotting and ensnare a random idiot. But, he actually bought materials so he could be easily persuaded by real terrorists I suppose.

They probably just start by PM'ing people on whatever the Jihadi equivalent to Sherdog is. "Eh bro, how about those terror attacks?" and let it snow ball from there.

The investigation into Hester began in August after the FBI received tips from multiple sources about social media posts in which he expressed his dislike of the United States and his adherence to radical Islamic theology, according to an affidavit filed in support of the criminal charges.

During the investigation, Hester allegedly said “that the U.S. government should be ‘overthrown,’ and suggested ‘hitting’ the government ‘hard,’ while noting that it would not be ‘a one man job,’” prosecutors said. Hester identified categories of potential targets for attack, such as oil production facilities and Wall Street, and said he wanted a “global jihad.”

His social media posts included pictures of weapons and the black flag used by the Islamic State, prosecutors said.

Someone in another thread brought up a good point of judging islamic terrorist by their follow through but we end up overlooking how many have been stopped.

the International intelligence community in the west does a pretty great job.

Someone in another thread brought up a good point of judging islamic terrorist by their follow through but we end up overlooking how many have been stopped.

The "liberal" counter-argument to that fact is that this jabroni would never have gotten his hands on any high-grade weapons or explosives without the feds, so therefore they "entrapped" him. I call bullshit on that. This guy already was online talking about how he wants to wage jihad. What if an actual terrorist group got to him first instead of the feds? And if he never made contact with anyone, he could still have made a homemade bomb with a pressure cooker or whatever, hacked some innocent people with a machete, or driven a truck of peace through a crowded area. Fuck this Islamist pos I hope they lock him in the Supermax in Colorado for the rest of his worthless life.

This is my point all along.

It's highly disrespectful for the President to be questioning the immigration practices of our security and intelligence communities in such a public and derogatory fashion.

The only way the immigration bans makes any sense is if you're completely ignorant to the work our security and intelligence agencies do day in and day out around the clock for the past 15 years.

They're really doing an exceptional job and I don't think most people realize that.

This is my point all along.

It's highly disrespectful for the President to be questioning the immigration practices of our security and intelligence communities in such a public and derogatory fashion.

The only way the immigration bans makes any sense is if you're completely ignorant to the work our security and intelligence agencies do day in and day out around the clock for the past 15 years.

They're really doing an exceptional job and I don't think most people realize that.

I think making their job easier is something to work toward. The ban would do this.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134041159.html

CLIFFS:
  • Guy is born and raised US citizen; not Middle Eastern
  • Became radicalized/converted to Islam
  • Posted on social media about converting and was pro-violence towards US
  • Planned with undercover agent to provide material support in attack that "would be bigger than Boston Bombing"
FFS, my wimpy ass would football tackle him for just looking like a fucking terrorist, while screaming 9/11!
aec77f4a51cc745f68b60f362af6fb83.png

I wonder when the last time you made an interesting or insightful post was. How many years has it been do you think?

just beating you to the punch, before you deflect, make excuses for and/or posit the stupidest fucking false equivocation arguments.

The religion of peace strikes again. Make no difference the skin color.

Would the travel ban have stopped this guy?

Back