International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

The West bends over to the Saudis. No surprise.

Probably not. The dude killed was a Westernizer, his death probably won't bother the conservative factions in the country.

The ones upset by his death are the Western countries who saw him as representative of their interests.
Lots of conservative clerics have also been sidelined and or jailed.

" Dozens of hard-line clerics have been detained, while others were designated to speak publicly about respect for other religions, a topic once anathema to the kingdom’s religious apparatus. "
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/...a-wahhabism-salafism-mohammed-bin-salman.html

Saudi Arabia Seeks Death Penalty in Trial of Outspoken Cleric
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-salman-al-awda.html

Lots of conservative clerics have also been sidelined and or jailed.

" Dozens of hard-line clerics have been detained, while others were designated to speak publicly about respect for other religions, a topic once anathema to the kingdom’s religious apparatus. "
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/...a-wahhabism-salafism-mohammed-bin-salman.html

Saudi Arabia Seeks Death Penalty in Trial of Outspoken Cleric
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-salman-al-awda.html

Sure, but I'm just saying that this death specifically won't concern the rebellious factions that exist in Saudi Arabia. If anything, they are against the Prince because he is too "Western".

Sure, but I'm just saying that this death specifically won't concern the rebellious factions that exist in Saudi Arabia. If anything, they are against the Prince because he is too "Western".
The prince plays to Western ears by giving some lip-service to Western liberalism and enacting a few changes, like letting women drive. He has to do some of these things to win the support of the American pundit class, the think tanks and media mavens. It isn't just conservatives against him, it is also rights activists who see that he is expunging persons he perceives to be a political threat. Saudis are too scared to oppose him publicly.

So I just started getting the background on this story and it looks like it's a major fucking deal with some very pissed off(and wealthy) individuals on the Saudi side but also the Khashoggi side.

First of all, within a month of Trump winning the election the Saudis banned the dead(allegedly) guy from doing interviews and articles in SA because he criticized Trump for being a hypocrite regarding Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia bans journalist for criticising Donald Trump
Jamal Khashoggi said Mr Trump's Middle East stance is 'contradictory'

A Saudi Arabian journalist and commentator has been banned by his country for criticising US President-elect Donald Trump.

Jamal Khashoggi has been banned from writing in newspapers, making TV appearances and attending conferences, Middle East Eye reports.

After Mr Khashoggi criticised Mr Trump's Middle East policies at a Washington think-tank on 10 November, an official Saudi spokesman said he did not represent the Kingdom in a statement to the Saudi Press Agency.

Speaking at the Washington Institute, Mr Khashoggi described Mr Trump's stance on the Middle East as "contradictory", BreakingEnergy.com reported.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-criticising-us-president-elect-a7456956.html

Something else to point out:
After his second resignation from Al Watan in 2010, Khashoggi was appointed by Al-Waleed bin Talal as director of the Al Arab News Channel in Bahrain

Who is Al-Waleed bin Talal? He is the "dopey prince" Trump commonly referred to and ridiculed.
See:

Al-Waleed bin Talal is also the multi-billionaire that the Crown Prince confined to a hotel for almost 3 months late last year. But before he arrived:
Just days before his arrest, Al-Waleed reportedly contacted US-based Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi (who has publicly criticized the Saudi government in the past) and invited him to return to the Kingdom in order to contribute to Mohammad bin Salman's vision.[49]

Hmmmm.... @VivaRevolution

So I just started getting the background on this story and it looks like it's a major fucking deal with some very pissed off(and wealthy) individuals on the Saudi side but also the Khashoggi side.

First of all, within a month of Trump winning the election the Saudis banned the dead(allegedly) guy from doing interviews and articles in SA because he criticized Trump for being a hypocrite regarding Saudi Arabia.

Something else to point out:

Who is Al-Waleed bin Talal? He is the "dopey prince" Trump commonly referred to and ridiculed.
See:

Al-Waleed bin Talal is also the multi-billionaire that the Crown Prince confined to a hotel for almost 3 months late last year. But before he arrived:

Hmmmm.... @VivaRevolution

I don't think the Saudis did this without our approval.

Weird things going on right now in Turkey. Sibel Edmonds has basically abandoned Newsbud, and is now strongly in the Ergoden camp. Surprised by this because while Erdogen isn't the monster the MSM has made him out to be, he isn't a "good guy" either.

I think their is a chance Turkey might actually flip to Russia or China, and the coup, Gulen, and this assassination are apart of that larger conflict.

The Turks seem to be very confident in their evidence that the guy was killed right in the consulate.
They came straight out of the gate saying he was killed.
I don't see why the Turks make this up.

I am also wondering why the royal family would sanction this? Could that have been done by a different fraction in SA?
Is there even a strong faction against the royal family?

I don't think the Saudis did this without our approval.

Weird things going on right now in Turkey. Sibel Edmonds has basically abandoned Newsbud, and is now strongly in the Ergoden camp. Surprised by this because while Erdogen isn't the monster the MSM has made him out to be, he isn't a "good guy" either.

I think their is a chance Turkey might actually flip to Russia or China, and the coup, Gulen, and this assassination are apart of that larger conflict.
I think it might be as simple as Trump+Crown Prince cracking down on dissent against them. This shit right here is what the MSM wishes the Russian case was. This does not look good especially given Trump's pathetic response to the strong allegation by Turkey.

And I'm not sure what the Turkish angle in this is, but it's interesting they're so willing to add fuel to the fire by announcing they have video+audio evidence alluding to the guy being tortured by SA.

I think it might be as simple as Trump+Crown Prince cracking down on dissent against them. This shit right here is what the MSM wishes the Russian case was.

And I'm not sure what the Turkish angle in this is, but it's interesting they're so willing to add fuel to the fire by announcing they have video+audio evidence alluding to the guy being ortured by SA.

I can imagine a scenario where this has larger geo-political implications, and the criticism of trump/Prince Scumbag al-Saud were intertwined.

I can imagine a scenario where this has larger geo-political implications, and the criticism of trump/Prince Scumbag al-Saud were intertwined.
Wars have been started over less.

Perhaps journalist Jamal Khashoggi is the modern day Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

The Turks seem to be very confident in their evidence that the guy was killed right in the consulate.
They came straight out of the gate saying he was killed.
I don't see why the Turks make this up.

I am also wondering why the royal family would sanction this? Could that have been done by a different fraction in SA?
Is there even a strong faction against the royal family?
I think it's very interesting that Turkey is being so incredibly up front about how they believe it went down.

That's the million dollar question. The most interesting thing I've read so far is bin Talal "inviting" the slain Khashoggi to the Saudi Kingdom to be be involved in the Crown Prince's new direction for SA- exactly one year after he was banned by Mohammad bin Salman for writing negative articles regarding Trump and Saudi Arabia.

If they were willing to send a team into their embassy in Turkey to murder this guy what was the real reason for wanting him to come to SA? Or were they really just that butthurt over Khashoggi shunning them a year ago?

Wars have been started over less.

Perhaps journalist Jamal Khashoggi is the modern day Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
I suspect that if a world war started it would involve Russia doing something. Their involvement in Ukraine, flight MH17 crash, poisonings in England, Syria, Iran and agitation with the US, etc. Habitual line steppers.

Good thing we have Bolton around to calm things down ...

Combined with the Interpol chief going missing, some of these countries are getting very bold with how they deal with people they don't like.

I guess they're seeing the minimal consequences of Russia killing mf'ers all over the world, lol.

And the errosion of international institutions like the ICC, UN Human rights council etc.

I long for the day that the Milosovics and the like are actually assaulted and tried for crimes againts humans.

Combined with the Interpol chief going missing, some of these countries are getting very bold with how they deal with people they don't like.

I guess they're seeing the minimal consequences of Russia killing mf'ers all over the world, lol.
It's a good thing Trump doesn't want to be a dict-- o wait

I would like to hear the fucking president open his fucking mouth and fucking praise American journalists instead of heaping fucking Maoist abuse on the profession

Yikes indeed

Mohammed has billed himself as a reformer and moderating force in the country, and he has become a key strategic partner in particular to Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and senior adviser.

Kushner has tried to promote Mohammed to skeptical national security officials, who have long viewed him as an impetuous and ruthless leader who has an overly simplistic view of the complex challenges the United States faces in the Middle East.

On Tuesday, Kushner and national security adviser John Bolton called Mohammed and encouraged him to be transparent about what Riyadh knows about Khashoggi, said officials familiar with the call.

I suspect that if a world war started it would involve Russia doing something. Their involvement in Ukraine, flight MH17 crash, poisonings in England, Syria, Iran and agitation with the US, etc. Habitual line steppers.

Good thing we have Bolton around to calm things down ...

Our mans Bolt already on the scene:
On Tuesday, Kushner and national security adviser John Bolton called Mohammed and encouraged him to be transparent about what Riyadh knows about Khashoggi, said officials familiar with the call.

Back