Miocic KO of Werdum a complete fluke

So, running at your opponent; throwing the same punches you threw AND GOT CAUGHT WITH a moment before -with your chin up, isn't a fluke? loooooool pls

e7a5415acebcb368eb320283ccefe155.gif

Stipe will likely knock Werdum out again if they fight. The Stipe we saw vs JDS was so dam sharp. And no....it wasnt a fluke. Far from

I had Werdum a fight or two away from being the HW goat over Fedor which should tell you how highly regarded I hold him, however he is simply to old and alow now to hang with Stipe standing and would get blasted again.

I love Werdum but I’d expect a similar outcome if they fought again, even without the bumrush

Fabricio’s striking has improved a lot over the years but his footwork is still kind of plodding and I think Stipe is a lot quicker in general
Muay thai has shit foot work compared to most arts. You have to be able to either block really well or take more punishement than the other guy long enough to knock them out.

I know that Werdum can be a little hit or miss with some of his performances... but I'm still surprised that fans/internet experts/sherdoggers haven't expressed any interest in, or demanded that Stipe vs Werdum gets "ran back".
I think that fight was a COMPLETE FLUKE and Werdum wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
That being said, although Stipe seems like a good dude, I'm NOT inclined to believe that he's "the next great thing" or that he's actually all that good.
He got LUCKY vs Fabricio, Overreem so chinless it's ridonkulous... very, very fortunate timing and LUCK for Stipe.

You are funny sir...you just want attention right?

It is kind of linked to it I'd say, recent Werdum exploits that he's not afraid of the takedown by being much freer standing than most fighters but that does come at a cost of being quite hittable as well.

Part of why Werdum back in the day was less hittable though was IMHO that he was quicker, not just in his standup but also in his wrestling. He wasn't a great wrestler but like Maia he could commit a lot to his takedowns due to not being afraid of ending up on his back and that helped a lot on keeping opponents off of him.

Honestly if todays Werdum fought 2005 Sergei I think rather than losing a decision he'd probably get KOed.
Pride-era Sergei was a monster

Yeah running like a madman chin up in the air begging to be countered is a ''fluke'' ko.

Hey, Werdum did the same thing against an elite world-class kickboxer, in Overeem, and was successful in tagging the Reem.

Black Beltch!!

all my hard work has finally paid off

step5.gif

cb8d333553c69be0aa1e76e089f86225.gif

I'll hit werdum ran in like a maniac technically he was very poor that exchange stipe KO was no fluke he nailed him

fluke bad gameplan, these excusess suck and are untrue

I am a big Werdum fan and I believe he could beat Stipe with a different approach but that was definitely not a fluke. Werdum has been running forward at people like that his whole career. He did it a few times versus Arlovski in 2007 and in some of his PRIDE fights.

Stipe simply stepped back, planted and fired a straight down the middle at a charging opponent.

No fluke about it, although I believe Werdum could beat Stipe and Aldo could have beaten Conor had they patiently sat back and threw kicks.
was about to write this:

"and in some of his PRIDE fights."

Werdum´s win over Fedor made people forget how he was not THAT respected back in the days, in Pride.

I'll take all the haterade and condemnation for now.... but
I look forward to future vindication when Werdum submits Stipe in the rematch!!!
I just hope Miocic survives Nganou.
BTW...Thanks for everyone's feedback, it was fun.

I think Stipes victory had more to do with Werdum fighting like a fucking idiot than it did Stipe coming in and implementing a solid game plan or tactic. That being said, I believe that fight ends with Werdum sleeping 7/10 times. Certainly not a fluke.

was about to write this:

"and in some of his PRIDE fights."

Werdum´s win over Fedor made people forget how he was not THAT respected back in the days, in Pride.

Agreed but to be fair he was standing amongst a pretty stacked HW division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back