Mike Tyson's Punch Out

lol @ beating Tyson. That shit was super easy.

Yall pussies let me know when you can beat Nick Bruiser in Super Punch Out
I mastered the shit out of Super Punch Out because of the counter punching option.

Tyson? I could never beat him. Everyone else? Easy as pie.

I wondered if this had something to do with it. I do have a Crt TV in a closet in the basement.
Give it a shot. Sometimes that slight lag makes all the difference in the world.

A friend of mine made this video when he was deployed to Iraq in 2004. We were hanging out when he was on leave and I had my NES hooked up to One of those old ass projection big Screens in my living room.

When he went back to the War one of his goals was to beat Tyson. He was able to do it with an emulator using the key pad as a controller. He put together this little piece using Windows Movie Maker and music from the Rocky IV soundtrack.

Wow, that's incredibly dorky. But I got some good lulz out of it.

I've hung on to my Nintendo after all of these years and I usually bust it out once a year or so. Something happened where I started having trouble with this game about 5 years ago.
I got stuck on Soda Pop and ended up not being able to beat Super Macho Man.

I typed in the code for Tyson and was not able to beat him. I think either my reflexes have diminished or the XBOX 360 generation ruined my NES skills.

I shit you not, this is exactly what happened to me. I always bust it out once a year or so and usually blow right through it. Last time I got to Soda Popinski and he beat me like 10 straight times. I couldn't even remember the last time I lost to the guy and he beat me ten straight times. I have an old ass TV that I usually play it on, but this time I played it on a flat screen, and I've heard the lag is different than a box TV. Either way, I played it a million times and finally got my bearings back. Might put it in and get whooped again now, I don't know.

I don't want to know what an actual boxer feels like when he sees he's starting to fade. Gotta be one of the worst feelings in the world.

And now that I'm caught up in this thread, I'm seeing people mention the lag.

Super relieving. Hopefully that's it.

When I was about ten I beat Tyson in the 1st round and never did it again.
I don't think it was possible to win in the first round. If I remember correctly I could get a knock down near the end of the first but instead I would leave him a punch away from falling so I could put him down right away in the second and get the tko.

I don't think it was possible to win in the first round. If I remember correctly I could get a knock down near the end of the first but instead I would leave him a punch away from falling so I could put him down right away in the second and get the tko.

I could knock him down twice in the first but I always took me until the third to beat him.

Last edited:
You can beat Tyson in the first round. Just have to land every punch.

I looked it up and it's a timing thing. The one time I did it was a fluke. Unless I was dreaming. :p

There are videos on youtube demonstrating it.

Any fellow classic video game fans beat Tyson?

I used to beat him regularly as a kid. Revisiting the game now it's a lot tougher and I have to retry a few times, but I can still do it.
Use to beat Tyson constantly as a kid. Pre-Ordered one of these just recently, so I will soon find out if I can still beat Tyson.

I looked at the video so ok I guess. I just remember differently. It seemed like you couldn't even hit him that first minute and a Half without him doing a double punch and knocking me down. I don't remember him getting stunned and eating all those shots but it's been 25 years so I could just be wrong.

I could beat him as a kid.

Played it at a buddy's a couple years ago and we couldn't even get to him lol

Played on an emulator on my laptop a few months ago. Couldn't do it

I beat that game many times. The only game I mastered better than MTPO was Contra.

I've beaten Mr. Dream once, but never Tyson. That somehow makes it less satisfying.

Fired this up yesterday for the first time since...jesus. Lost a couple but finally got to Tyson...got wrecked, but got a knockdown at least. Tyson still hard confirmed.

lol @ beating Tyson. That shit was super easy.

Yall pussies let me know when you can beat Nick Bruiser in Super Punch Out

Could never best that pretty boy Narcis Prince to get that far. Fuck that guy.

I never could beat Mike. I never thought it was fun, just infuriating.

Typically, id make it to him, lose, then shut it off. If i put the time in, i could beat him, but it didnt hold my interest enough. Reminded me of 1 hit kills, with only 3 lives. 3 lives that arent all equal in health btw, plus you may not get that 3rd try, no matter how many times you tap the buttons.

Could never best that pretty boy Narcis Prince to get that far. Fuck that guy.
Once you counter him hes easy as pie.

Back