"Mike Perry explains why the UFC athletes retreat was the greatest weekend of his life"

Kristian82

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...s-ufc-athletes-retreat-greatest-weekend-life/
Talks about meeting Ari Emanuel and not knowing who he was but realising the stupidity of other fighters complaining to him about 'pennies'. Has a completely new mindset after the retreat and is thinking of the UFC as way to build a platform for what he does after fighting. Actually appreciated the private Snoop Dogg concert. Sounds like the words of a maturing man who is about to takeover the game. Ragin Al and Kajan Johnson are acting like a couple of idiots who don't understand business. It isn't surprising from two guys who using Ragin as a nickname that they lack self control.

Last edited:
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...s-ufc-athletes-retreat-greatest-weekend-life/
Talks about meeting Ari Emanuel and not knowing who he was but realising the stupidity of other fighters complaining to him about 'pennies'. Has a completely new mindset after the retreat and is thinking of the UFC as way to build a platform for what he does after fighting. Actually appreciated the private Snoop Dogg concert. Sounds like the words of a maturing man who is about to takeover the game.
He's already playing the game pretty well but he definitely needs to be on much bigger money.

(from his last fight)
Mike Perry: $80,500 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

14k ? FUCCCCCCCCCK YOU WME!!

he better be on 50k plus now :mad::mad::mad:

He's already playing the game pretty well but he definitely needs to be on much bigger money.

(from his last fight)
Mike Perry: $80,500 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

14k ? FUCCCCCCCCCK YOU WME!!

he better be on 50k plus now :mad::mad::mad:
Little money now for bigger money down the line. Mike's got patience and realises crying like a baby doesn't get you what you want once you are 18 months old and above.

Talks about meeting Ari Emanuel and not knowing who he was but realising the stupidity of other fighters complaining to him about 'pennies'. Has a completely new mindset after the retreat and is thinking of the UFC as way to build a platform for what he does after fighting. Actually appreciated the private Snoop Dogg concert. Sounds like the words of a maturing man who is about to takeover the game.
this article is a great read. can't call him dumb after reading that and it's also nice to hear a bit about wme-img and how the UFC really is a small earner for them, highlighting they are in it for more than the money, it's going to be part of something much larger than it would've ever been standing on it's own.

what do my fellow nation members think about Mike Perry's new found perspective?

(give the article a read, it's well worth it)

can't call him dumb after reading that
That is the most telling thing from the article, Mike may not be the most articulate person but he is clearly a lot more intelligent than many give him credit for. Intelligence/Educated are two completely different things that many fail to grasp the difference between.

Last edited:
“The biggest message of the weekend was be a winner,” Perry said. “But you don’t just win the fights. There are other ways to be a winner too. Win the post fight interviews. In your schedule, do more things. Sign more times for more opportunities.”

when Mike Perry heard this, he thought of our meme

7xNyG7w.jpg

what do my fellow nation members think about Mike Perry's new found perspective?

I do not stand by Perry's opinions on this particular subject.

He's 100% right on everything he said, and I'm not being hyperbolic.

“The biggest message of the weekend was be a winner,” he said. “But you don’t just win the fights. There are other ways to be a winner too. Win the post fight interviews. In your schedule, do more things. Sign more times for more opportunities.”

What a lot of fighters don't get is that the fight game is more than just the fight. It can be just the fight, if you're into that and don't really care - but it's so much more than that. Conor, who I'm not a fan of but who clearly won the fight game and I use him as an example over Floyd here, said similar things. The idea in an exploitative sport like MMA that exploits athletes and their health for entertainment is to use and game the system back in whatever way you can to get the most out of it. And a lot of that just comes down to winning interviews, conferences, promoting etc while also winning in the cage.

Mike Perry is playing a chess match, becoming champ is just one of the first moves. PMP is very wise, respect

“I’m gonna get my money cause I’m gonna shut up and fight,” he said. “And then when they give me enough money, I’m gonna take that money and I’m gonna multiply it. I’m gonna do things with it. I’m gonna try to change the world. Maybe I’ll build a school for pussies and weaklings and teach them how to man up and grow a pair and go out and get what’s yours.”

lol How can anyone hate on this dude?

Talks about meeting Ari Emanuel and not knowing who he was but realising the stupidity of other fighters complaining to him about 'pennies'. Has a completely new mindset after the retreat and is thinking of the UFC as way to build a platform for what he does after fighting. Actually appreciated the private Snoop Dogg concert. Sounds like the words of a maturing man who is about to takeover the game. Ragin Al and Kajan Johnson are acting like a couple of idiots who don't understand business. It isn't surprising from two guys who using Ragin as a nickname that they lack self control.
he'll be cut in 4 fights so better build this platform quick, sucking upto the brass aint gonna get him no where,
lmfao at maturing, i fucking matured at 12yo but hearing him talk he sounds like a 12yo.
also funny how he pushes a blind drunk stephens but when raging Al fronts him he cant string 2 negligible words together, oh yeah thats normal, then bolts

Excellent interview from a man who's definitely maturing, delighted to see someone develop both in the octogan and outside. I'll be with him till his final dream is realised.

''Maybe I’ll build a school for pussies and weaklings and teach them how to man up and grow a pair and go out and get what’s yours.”

he'll be cut in 4 fights so better build this platform quick, sucking upto the brass aint gonna get him no where,
lmfao at maturing, i fucking matured at 12yo but hearing him talk he sounds like a 12yo.
also funny how he pushes a blind drunk stephens but when raging Al fronts him he cant string 2 negligible words together, oh yeah thats normal, then bolts
Hello Marlo, hows the wife? I've still got a valid fight pass account for once you get things sorted with her.

Excellent interview from a man who's definitely maturing, delighted to see someone develop both in the octogan and outside. I'll be with him till his final dream is realised.

''Maybe I’ll build a school for pussies and weaklings and teach them how to man up and grow a pair and go out and get what’s yours.”

Okay that's savage, classic Platinum.

Even Mangina gotta respect that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back