• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

miesha tate denies turning down ufc title shot

da lama

White Belt
Reaction score
Ariel Helwani said Miesha Tate turned down UFC title fight against Ronda Rousey and Dana White later confirmed it in an interview. Newly signed UFC fighter Miesha Tate strongly disputes those statements

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
Straight up Lie

[Dana White] is misinformed

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...ght-up-lie-that-I-turned-down-Rousey-rematch/

miesha-tate-bikini-weigh-in.jpg

That is a fantastic picture.

lol dat Helwani

dose legs - thumbs high

She explained it as this

Sean Shelby (SF matchmaker & UFC matchmaker for 145 & below) asked her back in October if she would like to fight in February. No opponent was mentioned just the date. She said no because at the time she wanted to take some time off. It was also before they had announced the women were coming over so she said she thought it was a SF fight. Dana and Ronda twisted this into Tate turning down the fight because it makes Ronda seem more feared, I guess

http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/dana-white-tito-ortiz-advised-cyborg-santos-not-to-face-ronda-rousey

Tate said after her last fight that she would take a year off and did not want or deserve a rematch yet...... how things have changed in a few months

She has a nice body. That's for sure.

I had a hard time reading that with that picture underneath. I don't even care about the subject anymore. Just please let's see more Miesha.

Tate said after her last fight that she would take a year off and did not want or deserve a rematch yet...... how things have changed in a few months

Yeah, back then they were still under contract in Strikeforce. Now they're in the UFC and Ronda's headlining a PPV for the first fight. I'm sure she'd be willing to cut her vacation short for a cut of that action.

I swear when a woman has that flat stomach and tiny bit of tone to the abdominal area, it's really really sexy. Very excellent picture of her, thank you for posting it.

I think it's for the best that Miesha didn't accept or wasn't given the title shot yet. Miesha said previously that she didn't feel like herself in her last fight and wanted to take some time off to get her fighting spirit back. I hope she comes back better than ever, hoping Tate becomes Champion in 2013! If worse comes to worse, the cutest stare-down ever between her and Ronda will happen again lol.

Dana lies again just like he lied about Hendo not being ready or interested in doing TUF. Dana always lies but mma media don't call him out on it because they are scared their press passes will be taken away. Not surprised one bit.

Back