Michael Jackson's Thriller............Coming Soon in 3D!

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

'Thriller 3D' will resurrect Michael Jackson this summer

Michael Jackson will be scaring fans from beyond the grave later this summer with a reworked release of his iconic music video “Thriller” in 3D.

Director John Landis, who shot "Thriller" in 1982 with “The King of Pop,” will oversee the project, according to industry sources.

We’re told that for three years, Landis has been secretly re-working the iconic 14-minute music video, which was a groundbreaking piece of music history.

Sources say that Michael's son Prince and daughter Paris have been involved in the project, but details are being kept under wraps.

“Thriller is coming out again in movie form this summer and it will be something very special,” we're told. “John took the original footage, cleaned it up and has made it into something very unique.”

Our insider says Jacko, who died in 2009 and would’ve turned 59 in August, would have likely been pleased with this project.

“Michael’s vision before his death was to bring ‘Thriller’ to movie theaters and use IMAX and 3D technology to make fans feel they are in the video with him,” we're told. “There is a marketing plan in place to launch the new version with a huge PR drive with (Jackson’s children) Prince and Paris involved.”

We also hear that Prince, a filmmaking enthusiast, has expressed particular interest in this project. Our sources also say that fans are in for a double-feature.

“As part of the celebration relaunch, a new documentary exploring the incredible story behind the movie’s creation will be released,” we're told.

Landis joined the project after actually being caught up in a bitter legal war over the original “Thriller” after Michael’s passing. That beef has apparently been buried.

The movie release marks the 35th anniversary of the “Thriller” album launch.

Shortly after Jackson died, the “Thriller” video was inducted into the National Film Registry by the Library Of Congress. No other music video had been given that honor.

Thriller 3D

dvd_thriller.jpg

649596171920534243026590249644278423o.jpg

Last edited:
I remember watching Thriller for the first time. I went in to it not really expecting much and it blew my mind. It's the greatest music video I've ever seen in my entire life and easily my favorite. Whenever this gets released, I'll be there Day 1! I think Landis is going to make an all new documentary to go along with it, but I also hope he includes the original "Making Of," at least in the bluray. It'd be killer if that got restored as well.

But from what I heard when this gets released to theaters it'll come with a new doc that shows the conversion and restoration process as well as interviews from all the people involved. It's gonna be great!

My last trip to LA I didn't have enough time to visit the Thriller house, but I'm damn sure going to do it during my upcoming trip. Can't wait to see it in person. Should I walk all the way up to the front door and touch the house?

Hopefully the special edition has Ola Ray's ta-tas in 3D.

Call me when they do When Doves Cry

Hopefully he doesn't decapitate Vic Morrow and some Viet-namese kids.

...in 3D

Hopefully free plastic covers for the seat cushions. Gonna need that.

Video scared me to death as a kid. Three crazy reveals in one video?! No video has come close to doing what Thriller did. Makes sense that the number 1 album in history would have an amazing video to go along with it.

how do you know when its bedtime at the neverland ranch?
the big hand is on the little hand

why did michael jackson get food poisoning?
he ate a 9 year old wiener

why is michael jackson like walmart?
they both have young boys pants half off

what is the difference between michael jackson and a grocery bag?
one is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous to your children. You put groceries in the other one.

have you heard of the new mcdonalds McJackson sandwich?
its 35 year old meat between 12 year old buns

why did michael jackson like twenty eight year olds?
because there are 20 of them

Back