Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anderson Silva
Luke Rockhold
Dan Henderson

michael-bisping-ufc-199-postfight-belt.jpg

Bisping is legit, I favor Yoel but I think he can pull the upset with his crispy striking

It was destiny. Great to see how much he's loving it!

He's had an amazing year. Very excited to see him vs Romero. Tough to pick a winner in that one. I'd love to see Romero win the belt, but would also love to see Bisping further solidify his legitimacy of being a champion.

He's had an amazing year. Very excited to see him vs Romero. Tough to pick a winner in that one. I'd love to see Romero win the belt, but would also love to see Bisping further solidify his legitimacy of being a champion.
lol really?

hey, power to him. right time right place. he accepted a title fight on short notice and finally beat a top 5 fighter (making him about 1fer7 lifetime). kudos

and he outworked Silva. barely. kudos.

and then he outworked yet another top 15. barely. kudos.

legendary it is not. but it is definitely his best year yet, considering every other year is riddled with top 30 wins and then a loss to a top 10er. he has improved much in the last decade, this year proved that. and i wouldn't blame him for hanging em up after his fights another legit contender. then again, i could be all wrong and he could beat another top 5er, going 2fer8 lifetime. but i doubt it.

The only disappointing part is I'll never see Bisping expose Weidman. Have been saying for the last 5 years Bisping matches up well with him and now Weidman keeps losing.

Rockhold was the worst possible match-up for Bisping and he still one. There is nobody left who I think Bisping absolutely cannot beat. He makes small adjustments for each opponent, but he makes them count.

If you still bet against Bisping after the year he had in 2016, and still think he's a bum and it's all been a fluke, you're pretty much a retard.

Re. Tard. Ed. You're retarded.
he's not a bum. never said he was. read it again, without star struck eyes.

nothing wrong with being a damn good but not quite great fighter. he and Serra took advantage of great opportunities. i would never disparage them. nor, say, Bader, if he finds himself with the belt. you gotta have these guys.

but i'm not willing to look past the totality of his career either. it helps put 2016 into context.

his best year. he should be proud of it.

he's not a bum. never said he was. read it again, without star struck eyes.

nothing wrong with being a damn good but not quite great fighter. he and Serra took advantage of great opportunities. i would never disparage them. nor, say, Bader, if he finds himself with the belt. you gotta have these guys.

but i'm not willing to look past the totality of his career either. it helps put 2016 into context.

his best year. he should be proud of it.
Sorry, I probably shouldn't have called you a retard.

I don't think the comparison to Serra is fair at all. Serra didn't go on to do anything more than that win over GSP. A year lay off and then obsolutely destroyed in the rematch.

Bisping beat one of the greatest strikers of all time. He didn't smash or ko him, but he fought him very smart. And then he ko'd, what I considered and still to do, to be one of the best current day MWs we'll see. Not only did he just ko Rockhold, but he beat a guy who previously handled him quite easily. And then the win over Dan Henderson was another win over a significant previous loss.

I love Romero, but it's guys like Bisping that teach me time and time again to never count anyone out and never assume how a fight will go. I think Michael can beat Romero the same way he beat Anderson and Dan. His patience and maturity have helped him immensely later in his career and it's quite remarkable to see.

Back