Michael Bennett of Seattle Seahawks Claim Racism when Cuffed by Vegas Cops

thechoice2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DJC8a-ZW4AEES11.jpg

Michael Bennett of the Seattle Seahawks is claiming that he was racially discriminated against when he was detained by Las Vegas police officers after leaving a club where everyone was running from because they heard gunshots. Seems he was assaulted by an officer or officers and had an officer threaten to "blow his head off" during the incident. I'm sure NFL players will take a much harsher stance now that one of their own has been victimized by the incompetence of police officers. Thankfully his life wasn't lost unlike some others that have been in a similar position before.

TMZ has some footage of the incident.

In before this guy got what he deserved... Shouldn't have been there. It is somehow his fault

In before this guy got what he deserved... Shouldn't have been there. It is somehow his fault
He's black so that would be expected, unlike when the white guy got caught speeding and the cop came towards him with his gun drawn...there were a bunch of posts asking for the cop to be fired lol

These clowns like Kaepernick disrespect the entire country over the actions of a few cops who made mistakes. They are a disgrace and no team should sign these unamerican pieces of shit. If you don't want to stand for the anthem then leave the country. I imagine if he is black then he is originally from Africa. He should see how governments over there treat their own race. These ignorant pieces of shit disrespecting america are so ignorant to how the world really is.

These clowns like Kaepernick disrespect the entire country over the actions of a few cops who made mistakes. They are a disgrace and no team should sign these unamerican pieces of shit. If you don't want to stand for the anthem then leave the country. I imagine if he is black then he is originally from Africa. He should see how governments over there treat their own race. These ignorant pieces of shit disrespecting america are so ignorant to how the world really is.
lol at calling others ignorant. hahahaha.

We don't know the details, but perhaps the suspect description was a 6'4" 270lb bearded black man.

If that's was the case, how are the police supposed to react when they see Bennett running from the scene of a shooting?

Of course police are often assholes, that's not a racist thing. They treat white young men like crap too.

boo hoo... he can wipe his tears with his hundred dollar bills.

lol at calling others ignorant. hahahaha.
im not ignorant... police are subject to same laws as everyone else and have to be proven guilty like everyone else. That can't always be done and there can be injustice but to disrespect our country and way of life over the mistakes of an individual is a disgrace. It is a childish way to handle a problem. Just throw a tantrum and blame everyone. It is despicable behavior and I am glad Sideshow Kaepernick got black balled!

If he's telling the truth and it happened the way it says he did, then he has every right to react this way. Cops shouldn't put guns to people's heads just because, the policeman should face serious consequences

I cringed at the "Michael brown" and "Trayvon martin" bit though. They weren't shot because they were black, they were shot because they attacked a guy with a gun

Michael Bennett is a really good player btw

pretty bad if true

not as crazy as Thabo Sefolosha getting his leg broken by NYPD, but still pretty ridiculous

If he's telling the truth and it happened the way it says he did, then he has every right to react this way. Cops shouldn't put guns to people's heads just because, the policeman should face serious consequences

I cringed at the "Michael brown" and "Trayvon martin" bit though. They weren't shot because they were black, they were shot because they attacked a guy with a gun

Michael Bennett is a really good player btw

Well said...

I find "put a gun to my head" part to be really hard to believe.

At least now he has something to complain about.

He seems to be lying about the gun to the head part - which is the most explosive claim. However the TMZ video shows him already cuffed, the gun to the head bit would be before the cuffing one would believe. Do the police have bodycams? If so FOIA their ass for the footage.

So he claims racist cops threatened to kill him because he was black after a Mayweather fight...he better have some support for that claim.

Sounds like just another day in the world of law enforcement. Maybe he thinks his fame and fortune earn him some privilege.

Back