Metal Gear Solid fans : You probably don't want to buy 'Master Collection Vol.1'

Oh FFS, they used the 50hz PAL version of MGS1?

Lol couldn’t even throw in MGS 4, bunch of assholes

Lol couldn’t even throw in MGS 4, bunch of assholes

I remember reading something a while back that said it's coding is all sorts of fucked up, and that's why it's not really a candidate for a remaster/re-release.

I just saw an article that said MGS1 was straight emulated.

I thought they were going to remake with modern graphics and especially modern controls since the controls in MGS1 sucked... or was that MGS2?

I just saw an article that said MGS1 was straight emulated.

I thought they were going to remake with modern graphics and especially modern controls since the controls in MGS1 sucked... or was that MGS2?

MGS3 remake is currently in development, and actually this dropped a few hours ago.

As for MGS1, its probably going to be next on the 'games to be remade' list.

What needs fixing in MGS3?

The MGS1 article also mentioned Integral. Don't know what that is.

Don't know yet. Perhaps we'll find out soon.

Remember MGS2&3 each had their own expansion version, like 'Subsidence?'

MGS1 Integral is the version that was exclusively released in Japan, but most of the bonus features were already included in other international releases.

Modders Have Already Added 4K Support For Metal Gear Solid Master Collection

After a lot of confusing messaging from Konami, Metal Gear fans discovered that the HD versions of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 included in the Master Collection would render at 720p on PC, making for a poor-quality image on higher resolution displays. Luckily, it took a modder just hours to remedy the problem, PC Gamer reports.

The MGSResolutionPatch, which is just 64.5 kilobytes, was released to GitHub by Sergeanur not long after the collection released. The mod is recommended for resolutions 1920x1080, 2560x1440, and 3840x2160, though Sergeanur notes that other resolutions may also be compatible with the tool, so you might as well try out other combinations.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/m...-collection/1100-6518687/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f

this genre has much better games
way more fluid

Don't know yet. Perhaps we'll find out soon.

Remember MGS2&3 each had their own expansion version, like 'Subsidence?'

MGS1 Integral is the version that was exclusively released in Japan, but most of the bonus features were already included in other international releases.
I never bought any expansions, but do remember something like VR Battles which looked like original Tron and didn't interest me.

lol @ $70

$20 maybe.

Integral was a "special edition" of MGS1 that only came out in Japan. The thing I remember most is you could play in first person (instead of just looking around). It had a shitload of VR missions that were released here in the fall of 99 (MGS: VR Missions) where you could play as the ninja.

I'm shocked that Konami lied and all the games are still at their original resolution (s)...

Oh FFS, they used the 50hz PAL version of MGS1?
Only if you use a PAL region Language including English (UK), from what I've seen online changing the language to a non pal region and its gone

Last edited:
image-11-1695412053277.png

First, its being sold for full price - $70 - for games that are 25, 22, and 19 years old.

Second, they're practically ports, like the recent Red Dead Redemption port.

Naming it the 'Master Collection' is extremely deceptive because it implies the games are actually being remastered. As you can see from the graphic above, all versions of MGS1 will be running at only 30FPS. Thankfully MGS2&3 will at 60FPS. But all three games on Switch are locked at 30FPS.

Third, MGS1 is in 4:3 aspect ratio - No Widescreen - so there'll be boxes on the left & right sides of the screen. Which means when a cutscene is playing black boxes will appear at the top & bottom to make it 'Letterbox' to make it cinematic on old Tube TVs.

OIP.dY2PciL-DYZUVH7qpjIB5wAAAA

"Yo dawg, I hear you like black boxes..."

In summary - This isn't the 'Master Collection' MGS fans have been waiting for. Its a lazy AF cash-grab by Konami, who I'm actually praying is going to be bought out by Microsoft one day. Save your money and wait a while until its $20 or less, used preferably to avoid Konami seeing a dollar of it.
Don't pay for shitty ports, ever.
Yeah, I’m gonna wait for a sale and I have too much to play right now haha. MGS was my first ever favorite game besides Mario. I got to where I’d speed run it a few days a week after school. I think my time was 2.5 hrs haha. Not bad for a 9 yr old.

I’m interested in the Snake Eater remake, but Konami will find a way to jank it up.

I'm shocked that Konami lied and all the games are still at their original resolution (s)...

I am shocked they even attempted to do this. Then again a cash grab with minimal effort is very Konami-like. Nothing they do makes sense. They’re sitting on a gold mine of gaming IPs but refuse to produce/make any of them for PC/consoles. Retards…

Back