Media Merab mounts Nina Drama

Surprisingly nice video. Merab's a good guy. I also confess that I find that girl tolerable, probably just because she looks good, but still.

This contest with Merab on video gets me up for watchin' Nina, she's alright imho.

I miss the good ole days of MMA when the people involved loved fighting for the love of fighting and were not some desperate attention seeking weirdos. That and back in the day, fighters and trainers were life long martial artist, wrestlers, judokas who actually loved the subtle aspects of fighting from technique and footwork.

Modern fighters inherited the best techniques and skillsets that the old school generation had to experiment on and sacrificed themselves to uncover and everyone is a fame whore.

I will forever be grateful that I got to be part of the circa early to mid-2000s MMA culture even if it was for brief moment as a sparring partner. Thankfully, boxing has decent subculture and I am happy as hell to be involved in that.

I like Merab. That diving into the frozen lake - at 26.07 - cracks me up every time.

"Ladies, ladies! One at a time if you please. On second thought, all together now!"
This man continues to be legendary. All he needs to do now is win the belt.

I miss the good ole days of MMA when the people involved loved fighting for the love of fighting and were not some desperate attention seeking weirdos. That and back in the day, fighters and trainers were life long martial artist, wrestlers, judokas who actually loved the subtle aspects of fighting from technique and footwork.

Modern fighters inherited the best techniques and skillsets that the old school generation had to experiment on and sacrificed themselves to uncover and everyone is a fame whore.

I will forever be grateful that I got to be part of the circa early to mid-2000s MMA culture even if it was for brief moment as a sparring partner. Thankfully, boxing has decent subculture and I am happy as hell to be involved in that.
There was definitely something special and sort of "pure" about that era where you knew that the fighters were all in it for the love of the game because there was absolutely no guarantee of money in the sport.

I'm glad that it would appear that a lot of the fighters from that era eventually wound up being rewarded with at least fame and respect, and hopefully one way or another many of those guys earned some decent finances for their efforts.

There was definitely something special and sort of "pure" about that era where you knew that the fighters were all in it for the love of the game because there was absolutely no guarantee of money in the sport.

I'm glad that it would appear that a lot of the fighters from that era eventually wound up being rewarded with at least fame and respect, and hopefully one way or another many of those guys earned some decent finances for their efforts.

I came in a year or so before the "tuf noob" era and this was during the time when MMA was called "Shootfighting" or that folks that trained all around were Shootfighters. You also had the No holds barred crowd or Vale Tudo fighters.

Shootfighters were MMA fighters who were immersed in Japanese style training. Vale Tudo were MMA fighters based on Brazil and NHB crowds were tough old school brawlers from US scene. It was crazy that MMA came in 3 flavors.

I agree with you about the purity and I know this might sound a bit crazy but I actually truly believe that the movie Fight Club really inspired early MMA fighters and vice versa in which we saw a new breed of MMA fighters in 1999/2000s get in the game and there was an MMA franchise called Metro Fight Club and had locations in Texas, Detroit and other states for brief time.

Most fighters back then were bouncers and there was no kids classes or any fitness or cardio classes.

Always something to complain about with you oldheads

boomer comment of the day, but who is this woman?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back