Men's NCAA Volleyball

I cannot think of any teams from Florida playing in the men's division for NCAA Div 1 or 2. That is kind of interesting because Florida usually has good club teams competing at nationals.

I can think of 4 -

352 Elite (they were favored to win the 14 year old division last year but how things worked out they were upset by the two teams that made the finals and 352 ended up 5th.

Ocean Bay - they usually have a good open 18 year old team compete each year at nationals.

Orlando Gold usually sends a competitive team in the open divisions.

MVP Academy usually qualify for nationals but are not usually the top tier as far as I remember.

With 4 club teams competing at the national level I would have thought a Florida school would form a team and be able to recruit local kids.

Plus they have lots of beaches, and is huge part of their culture to hang out at the beach, and volleyball is a huge part of beach culture. The sand makes it more pleasant to dive and dig.

I haven't been following men's beach volleyball that much but Florida is well represented with Phil Dalhausser and Nick Lucena and I am sure others.

I wonder if this guy focussed on basketball how good he could have been. He is only a part time basketball player during basketball season unlike guys who play all year on club teams.

Isnt Corona close to Chino or Chino Hills where the Ball family is from? Do they play in the same division?

Chino Hills plays in a different division. Some of those highlights were against Etiwanda, which played in the open division (the best division). The basketball team the volleyball player played on was not that good.

Back