Meme Thread: v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a quick search on the topic because I was curious as to what these numbers actually look like as far as taking the Bible literally.

Gallup did a survey and here are the results.

vmjvqt2ib0wmv2dgvj8l4a.gif
Survey of who?

I do not know the exact details of how Gallup conducts their polls but they are a well respected survey group. But typically you simply select a large sample size to poll and then analyze it. It may not be an exact science but it at least gives us a very good idea.

You should take a look at the link, it also breaks down religious beliefs my political party.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148427/say-bible-literally.aspx
Meh, I personally don't buy it. Believe what you want to believe . I've never met anyone that didn't understand that the bible was a mostly fictitious account.

Survey of who?

Edit: The full description of polling method is described at the bottom of the article.

You should take a look at the link, it also breaks down religious beliefs my political party, and change over the decades.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148427/say-bible-literally.aspx

Meh, I personally don't buy it. Believe what you want to believe . I've never met anyone that didn't understand that the bible was a mostly fictitious account.

Oh the irony lmfao. Idiots are gonna idiot.

That is genuinely shocking to me actually. Most very religious people that I know take the Bible literally.

Most people that I know who go to church are not very religious though, and fall into the same category that you are describing.

How many people you know that take the Bible literally really just depends on how many very religious people you know.

A buncha heathens up there in Maine.

That is genuinely shocking to me actually. Most very religious people that I know take the Bible literally.

Most people that I know who go to church are not very religious though, and fall into the same category that you are describing.

How many people you know that take the Bible literally really just depends on how many very religious people you know.
I've never met a person like that, ever. I've seen a few nuts on TV , sure, guys who dance with snakes and shit. Those are extremists. I don't think they represent the average person.

I've never met a person like that, ever. I've seen a few nuts on TV , sure, guys who dance with snakes and shit. Those are extremists. I don't think they represent the average person.

I think you also have to take into account how many people are going to claim they believe every word of the Bible to a pollster because that is what they are taught to believe. Very religious people or people who grew up in very religious households may have a very difficult time admitting they have doubts about certain aspects of the Bible to a stranger on the phone.

One of my coworkers grew up extremely religious and did not admit that he was not completely sold on it until he was in his 20s. He is still religious, and still goes to church, but thinks his family is a bit too extreme.

So he would have given two different poll results if you asked him a few years apart, but he actually never really changed his beliefs. He just stopped thinking he had to say what they say.

I think you also have to take into account how many people are going to claim they believe every word of the Bible to a pollster because that is what they are taught to believe. Very religious people or people who grew up in very religious households may have a very difficult time admitting they have doubts about certain aspects of the Bible to a stranger on the phone.

One of my coworkers grew up extremely religious and did not admit that he was not completely sold on it until he was in his 20s. He is still religious, and still goes to church, but thinks his family is a bit too extreme.

So he would have given two different poll results if you asked him a few years apart, but he actually never really changed his beliefs. He just stopped thinking he had to say what they say.
Oh sure, I agree with that. There are people who will not broadcast to the world what they REALLY think. That said, I could google search something like "do christians believe the bible is real" and I'll show you as many examples of a "no" answer as you could show me with your search.

The lefty memes need to up their game significantly, make me laugh you humorless cunts.

glad this is getting locked soon, you guys ruined the thread completely.

I'm unwatching it, see ya in the next one

ThisThread_Me_zps77423745.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back