Meltzer: "Ronda needed consoling after Nunes faceoff.

I'd console her with my dick but call her an uber before she starts talking

purple-pillows-7.jpg

She is working everyone...The media; the fans; her opponent.

This is all psychological warfare.

Report: Ronda Rousey had to be consoled after her staredown with Amanda Nunes

In mid October, it was announced that former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would be returning to action against reigning champion Amanda Nunes. The bout, which will mark Rousey’s first since she was knocked out by Holly Holm more than a year ago, will headline UFC 207 this December 30.

As this fight draws ever closer, there has been widespread speculation as to the mental condition of Rousey. When she is focused and motivated, she is undeniably the best female fighter in the world. We know, however, that her shocking loss to Holm had a profound effect on her psyche.

"As long as she has such a great trainer the sky is the limit."

First, there was the complete radio silence that followed the loss. Nobody heard from Rousey for weeks after she was defeated, as she disappeared entirely from the public eye she once embraced. Then, there was her early 2016 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres show, during which she confessed that she’d had suicidal thoughts in the wake of the loss. Then, of course, there was her recent assertion that whatever the outcome of he bout with Nunes, it would be one of her last – hardly the words of a motivated fighter. Needless to say, there is plenty of reason to worry about Rousey’s headspace as her battle with the extremely dangerous Nunes looms on the horizon.

On Tuesday afternoon, we were given more reason to worry about Rousey’s state of mind, as the ever-reliable Dave Meltzer confirmed that a shaken Rousey needed to be consoled after her first staredown with Nunes, which occured in the buildup to UFC 205 earlier this month.

“True”, Meltzer said firmly when asked if Rousey in fact needed to be comforted after her staredown with Nunes.

Needless to say, the reasons to question Rousey’s headspace continue to pile up. While she’s the only one who truly knows where she’s at mentally, there is real cause to believe that she is not fully invested in this return to action. If that’s the case, she’s likely in for a very rough night against the dangerous Amanda Nunes.

Rousey-Trump-Not-a-Nice-Person.jpg

She got the 2nd biggest applause of the night, 2nd only to Conor. She was even smiling and waving to fans after she walked off the stage.
She wouldn't have been smiling if Cyborg had been waiting for her in the parking lot.

hqdefault.jpg

Shes such a drama queen and attention seeker

I was unaware of this.

"When she is focused and motivated, she is undeniably the best female fighter in the world."

She wouldn't have been smiling if Cyborg had been waiting for her in the parking lot.

hqdefault.jpg

Cyborg is still recovering from her weight cut 2 months ago. She said she won't be fully recovered until March. She won't be waiting for anyone in a parking lot. If I was Ronda I would just kick in the nuts.

Ronda doesn't get motivated by people telling her she's great. She's motivated by people telling her she can't do something. There's a reason she's not responding to all the criticism and it's because she's using it to fuel her comeback.

All you haters are in for a surprise. Your Christmas's are going to be ruined and your New Years celebrations are going to be spent curled up in a fetal position, crying yourselves to sleep.

No trainer could save a fighter who could not slip, roll with, or block a single punch. Once she could not take Holly down she was going to lose a UD at best.

B1tch please... Trainers job is to teach his fighter to do all these things before the fight. She can't even punch correctly.

Eh.. I have a feeling they are blowing smoke up our asses a bit.

I think she will get that arm and she will be back.. then more media bullshit on how brave an great she is.

"Ever reliable"

Honestly fuck off with quoting this Dave Meltzer prick

Had enough of hearing from him from when I used to stupidly watch WWE, guy is as credible as WWE itself

She needs to get it together. Sure the loss was embarrassing, but god damn, everybody in MMA loses.

yup "My heart sank not for Fedor but for the reality of perfection that is not attainable in the sport of MMA" Pat Miletech after Fedor finall lost. Rousey is mentally a glass cannon

Ronda is an absolute disaster emotionally. the fragility is unreal. I'm perfectly fine with her getting smoked and riding off into the sunset.

Report: Ronda Rousey had to be consoled after her staredown with Amanda Nunes

In mid October, it was announced that former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would be returning to action against reigning champion Amanda Nunes. The bout, which will mark Rousey’s first since she was knocked out by Holly Holm more than a year ago, will headline UFC 207 this December 30.

As this fight draws ever closer, there has been widespread speculation as to the mental condition of Rousey. When she is focused and motivated, she is undeniably the best female fighter in the world.

Stopped reading at this. That was a myth. Like McTapper. Here's hoping Nunes finishes what Holly started.

...by which of course I mean rondas career.

#GUERNICAbless

Back