Mcgregor vs Mayweather: Why Mcgregor Would Lose Bad

matutor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So alot of people wonder if this fight will ever happen. I personally feel like it's all talk but it things were to go down in strictly a boxing match I believe Mayweather would beat mcgregor for the following reasons:

1) Incredible defense
Mayweather fight smart. His entire strategy is based on effective counter punching and getting hit as little as possible. Sure, may not be a "crowd" pleaser (although it pleases me seeing a guy effectively slip so many punches as a coach). The problem with Mcgregor is that he doesn't have nearly the same boxing experience as Mayweather. Mcgregor likes to load up, which gives Mayweather plenty of time to react.

2) Striking percentage
Let's face it. You may not knock the guy out or do more damage, but if you tag the guy more than the other guy you are going to win. Floyd last time I checked lands 42%-58% punches compared to the boxer he faces. That's pretty incredible. Like I've said before, Mcgregor loads up and doesn't have nearly as impressive a percentage of Mcgegor.

3) Reputation
Mayweather has a lot to lose here. If Mcgregor wins, that will change everything in boxing. People will shame Mayweather for losing to an "mma punk". Now if Mayweather steps into the octagon it will be a different story. Because Mcgregor would just take him down and the fight would end there.

What are your guys thoughts? do you think this fight would ever happen, and if so who would you predict wins?

Who wins?? Shut the fuck up dummy. Conor is garbage. Nate beat his ass.

You did not need to write a short essay. Anyone with half a brains knows this fight would never happen, and even if for some reason it did you'd have to have brain damage to think conor would offer anything to floyd in a straight up boxing match.

So alot of people wonder if this fight will ever happen. I personally feel like it's all talk but it things were to go down in strictly a boxing match I believe Mayweather would beat mcgregor for the following reasons:

1) Incredible defense
Mayweather fight smart. His entire strategy is based on effective counter punching and getting hit as little as possible. Sure, may not be a "crowd" pleaser (although it pleases me seeing a guy effectively slip so many punches as a coach). The problem with Mcgregor is that he doesn't have nearly the same boxing experience as Mayweather. Mcgregor likes to load up, which gives Mayweather plenty of time to react.

2) Striking percentage
Let's face it. You may not knock the guy out or do more damage, but if you tag the guy more than the other guy you are going to win. Floyd last time I checked lands 42%-58% punches compared to the boxer he faces. That's pretty incredible. Like I've said before, Mcgregor loads up and doesn't have nearly as impressive a percentage of Mcgegor.

3) Reputation
Mayweather has a lot to lose here. If Mcgregor wins, that will change everything in boxing. People will shame Mayweather for losing to an "mma punk". Now if Mayweather steps into the octagon it will be a different story. Because Mcgregor would just take him down and the fight would end there.

What are your guys thoughts? do you think this fight would ever happen, and if so who would you predict wins?

too-late.jpg

Just to put things in perspective for you...

Victor Ortiz would embarrass McConnor in a boxing match for more than 3 reasons

But could Malignaggi land enough pillowfists in 12 rounds to KO Conor?

Please also make a thread explaining why a year is longer than a month.

too long and defo didnt read.

in short because he is not a boxer lol? who would have guessed right?

In a pure boxing match? I'd say it's a pick 'em fight. Coin toss. 50/50. Could Floyd survive Conor's power? I don't know. There is no doubt Conor would find him easy to hit all night, so I might even lean towards the Irish Bomber, myself.

In a pure boxing match? I'd say it's a pick 'em fight. Coin toss. 50/50. Could Floyd survive Conor's power? I don't know. There is no doubt Conor would find him easy to hit all night, so I might even lean towards the Irish Bomber, myself.
Not only that, Conor knows how to pick the round!

I'm glad to see a professional analysis of this matchup. I had trouble deciding who would win before this.

You did not need to write a short essay. Anyone with half a brains knows this fight would never happen, and even if for some reason it did you'd have to have brain damage to think conor would offer anything to floyd in a straight up boxing match.

I'm not so sure. When deciding to take a fight it's about balancing risk vs reward, and if Floyd could make $100 million with nearly zero risk (which Conor would be) than why wouldn't he? Especially at this stage of his career, perfect time for a freakshow fight.

I'm not so sure. When deciding to take a fight it's about balancing risk vs reward, and if Floyd could make $100 million with nearly zero risk (which Conor would be) than why wouldn't he? Especially at this stage of his career, perfect time for a freakshow fight.

Because since the 80's the "freakshow" fight is a sign of desperation. It is someone who has used the last vestiges of their fame, money, and public interests. PBF is far from that, he would come in and hulimate that MMA fighter, and maybe end up slightly richer, however overall it would tarnish his brand.

Think of the high profile Boxers who've dipped their toes into the MMA pool. They all have certain things in common. PBF might be retired for now, but it doesn't want to trash the respect he's worked a lifetime to gain by beating up last year's big thing and decline any interest in a sport where he may or may not be done.

Back