McGregor vs Diaz: One of the best rivalries in UFC history?

What are you talking about? Conor fans have been here for years.

Talking outta your arse.
Yeah his true legit fans stayed but tons of them scattered like cockroaches in a lit up room the moment he mentally gave up against Nate. True fans stick around. Little "fans" like you with their new accounts lol

Yeah his true legit fans stayed but tons of them scattered like cockroaches in a lit up room the moment he mentally gave up against Nate. True fans stick around. Little "fans" like you with their new accounts lol

Dude you seem mad, lol at thinking join dates mean anything in this day and age where posters getting banned left, right and centre. You actually seem as dumb as your AV. Enjoy your 2011 account, like its the shit. {<jordan}

It is definitely one of the best rivalries and it all happened because RDA pulled out with a foot injury....

Dude you seem mad, lol at thinking join dates mean anything in this day and age where posters getting banned left, right and centre. You actually seem as dumb as your AV. Enjoy your 2011 account, like its the shit. {<jordan}
Predictable response. No I'm not questioning your knowledge, I just reckon you ditched your account and made a new one after Conor lost.

I know its rough for you McGreguckers right now with your crush doin nuttin, but these threads are awful. Why don't you guys take a maternity leave like your Irish Rose. Maybe start threads about baby names or which car seats are best?

Makes no sense to me. I'll crush a can if they paycheck is big enough. Fighting might be a passion/calling but it also puts food on the table.
What is crazier is Nate has wanted his whole career to get to a point he will get paid out to fight

He is THERE now, but he sits on the sideline demanding the Conor fight. Nate could easily be the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC right behind Conor if he put in the effort and took some fights. He fought all those years for 10k and now that he will probably make a millon+ per fight he doesn't wanna fight anymore

seriously, this is absolutely retarded.
Yes, we understand all you know about MMA is Conor, but please, spare us from your fanboyism calling his fights against Nate "Classic".
They were not.

The first one, COnor (with a full camp) was humiliated by a middle-of-the-pack guy who was partying in Cabo and had no camp.
The second fight was a sloppy fight in which Conor won a very pedestrian majority decision by running from Nate
These are NOT classic.

If you want classic fights, watch Anderson SIlva, or even better, Robbie Lawler fight against Rory, or many other real classic.

Just because Conor is fighting, it doesn't mean it is a classic.

Lawler fights are overrated. McGregor/Diaz 1 is more exciting than all of Lawler's title defenses combined.

Silva fights are more iconic, but McGregor/Diaz 2 is only rivaled by Sonnen/Silva.

It could be top 10 if the rubber match is just as good as the first two. I still think Tito has been in the best rivalries in MMA (Shamrock , Liddell , Griffin).

Its been good so far, but Nate needs to fight someone else and win before the 3rd fight happens imo.

I just wish Nate would take some other fight. Him just waiting around dimishes the whole thing in my opinion. If he beats a contender right now it would actually legitimize the feud and we'd have something. At the moment it feels somehow wrong. Conor should fight the interim champ and then Nate comes in after a decent win. Best scenario.

You're absolutely right. And I think your point really touches on the one thing that makes me a bit less excited about this rivalry, which is that I feel like Nate just wants to get paid and cares more about that than actually winning the trilogy fight. If both fighters were super motivated to win and Nate went and got a W over a top contender it would really turn the heat up. Maybe he should fight the loser of Ferg/Khabib?

TS is a shill.

Rivalries typically have backstories or at least a belt on the line.

Tito vs Chuck Liddel, fedor noguiera, BJ Penn vs Jens pulver, Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard, Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones.

All title fights.

Nick vs Conor was about two well cultivated MMA personalities.

Where are the Nate Diaz nuthhuggers that infested the site after the first fight? {<jordan}<{vega}><18>
We're all here. We're just waitng for your boy to quit ducking everybody and fight.

Nate choked the bitch out, gave him a rematch, Conor eeked out a decision, and then fled the rubber match like a scared chump.

As it stands in mma history with only the 2 fights between them, Nate is the clear victor.

2nd round stoppage wins over 5 round decision.

Remember this?

It's a shame for the multiple division champion to have a rivalry with gate keeper level fighter.

seriously, this is absolutely retarded.
Yes, we understand all you know about MMA is Conor, but please, spare us from your fanboyism calling his fights against Nate "Classic".
They were not.

The first one, COnor (with a full camp) was humiliated by a middle-of-the-pack guy who was partying in Cabo and had no camp.
The second fight was a sloppy fight in which Conor won a very pedestrian majority decision by running from Nate
These are NOT classic.

If you want classic fights, watch Anderson SIlva, or even better, Robbie Lawler fight against Rory, or many other real classic.

Just because Conor is fighting, it doesn't mean it is a classic.

As if Lawler doesn't get sloppy or he and Rory didn't spend the majority of the beginning of that fight doing nothing.

Not saying it isn't a classic but watch your double standards and stop being so salty.

TS is a shill.

Rivalries typically have backstories or at least a belt on the line.

Tito vs Chuck Liddel, fedor noguiera, BJ Penn vs Jens pulver, Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard, Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones.

All title fights.

Nick vs Conor was about two well cultivated MMA personalities.

Tell me about Maynard and Edgar's back story outside of their fights. Is there something I don't know?

Back