McGregor Vs. Diaz (Boxing)

I recently had an argument with someone about a boxing match between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. I believe that Nate would out match Conor in a boxing match. I personally think this because Nate is a more typical boxer than Mcgregor. For example, from what I have seen of McGregor from his previous fights is his lack of being able to "roll" with punches. Conor is a fantastic counter striker however when he does get hit he often takes it straight on the chin. This is how Diaz was able to stun him their first fight in order to do enough damage to finish the fight. Nate however, will roll with a punch which many people seem to think hurt him when in fact it cushions the blow. Another thing I have noticed about Conor is his lack of footwork when throwing a punch. He often slides instead of stepping into a punch leading him to be somewhat off balance. Nate will set his feet before his punches like most boxers. Also we have the problem of finishing Diaz. Diaz has a remarkable chin and insane recovery time after being rocked. Conor struggled with this the first fight and gassed himself out. In a boxing match Conor would need to chop at the tree early and need to hurt him so Nates cardio doesnt become overwhelming. These are just my thoughts and I am willing to listen to any input on the matter. I do understand these guys are MMA fighters but as both of them are signed with the UFC I put it under the UFC category.

Back