McGregor PPVs coming to the UK

Khabib will either fight Tony or price himself out of the rematch. He's not like the rest of the financially unstable roster. He'll be happy to retire at this point.

Plenty of other match ups for Mac though.
Khabib isn't rich tho... he is well funded and sponsored but he hasn't made much money in UFC. Somebody look into it.

so Brits always saw the cards on free TV but because of Conor they now have to pay? lol
<Dany07>

so Brits always saw the cards on free TV but because of Conor they now have to pay? lol
<Dany07>

It was on a subscription service. It's going to be on another subscription service that'll probably work out cheaper overall as it won't be tied to having a shitty BT service.

dont most UK households subscribe to that anyway? Essentially making it "free tv" because you're already paying.
Yeah kinda like when you buy a car. After you've bought it, you now have a "free" car because you've already paid for it.

<seedat>

Yeah kinda like when you buy a car. After you've bought it, you now have a "free" car because you've already paid for it.

<seedat>
my point was that they already subscribe for the soccer so mma is just a bonus. They'd probably never pay just for UFC access.

Khabib isn't rich tho... he is well funded and sponsored but he hasn't made much money in UFC. Somebody look into it.
He has enough money to be comfortable, and clearly doesn't care about his pay cheque. Isn't he funded by Russian billionaires? Something else to look into.

He has enough money to be comfortable, and clearly doesn't care about his pay cheque. Isn't he funded by Russian billionaires? Something else to look into.
That's what I said: he is funded and sponsored. He doesn't have any money on his own, he is being funded because he still an active athlete.

I'm not sure this is right anyway.
Since BT Sport got the UFC from Sky in 2013 none of the UFC events have been PPVs.
Eleven Sports outbid BT Sports for the rights but from what I've read they're doing it the same way as BT and it's a flat fee for everything.

It’s on Eleven sports streaming service at £5.99 a month BUT Eleven have reserved the right to put certain events on PPV speculation being that means Jones,Brock and McTapper.

Haha paying for something to sit up at 4am

Could you imagine..
It’s hard to imagine paying for something hat starts at 10pmlet alone 4am <Lmaoo>

It’s 2018 time for a new business model ppv is dead

So either theyll be mcgoober fighting in the uk for ppv? Or we will get shafted and have to pay for a fight at 4 am?

If they try charging what they are for Americans this is dead before it's started.
Maybe he can say more racist/polarizing stuff next time to entice you further.

It’s on Eleven sports streaming service at £5.99 a month BUT Eleven have reserved the right to put certain events on PPV speculation being that means Jones,Brock and McTapper.

Save me a ton of time dude, how do I get hat Chanel on virgin?

UFC will never be ppv in my country, but I watch it on BT SPORT to avoid stupid sleepy local commentary. It won't be worth more than a couple of bucks anyway for an event at 5am.

I'm not sure this is right anyway.
Since BT Sport got the UFC from Sky in 2013 none of the UFC events have been PPVs.
Eleven Sports outbid BT Sports for the rights but from what I've read they're doing it the same way as BT and it's a flat fee for everything.

yes and no.

Eleven sports is subscription only and is £5.99 a month (which is a bargain frankly and a shit ton cheaper than bt sport).

What they have said regarding ppv is that there is a chance that numbered events could be available on sky box office, bt box office, and itv box office for non-subscribers. So people who dont fork out the £5.99 a month will be able to buy events individually on those box office services.

Now, there was a rumour going around that eleven were going to put some big cards on PPV, but I dont know if that was a genuine rumour, or, people completely misunderstanding the bit about events being made available to sky box office etc. I cannot find any examples of Eleven sports operating PPV models for events, and it would seem totally against their normal strategy which is low cost streaming.

What you do find is quotes like this

"It’s been claimed that pay-per-view events will be available via BT Sport Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/996375/UFC-UK-TV-Rights-How-To-Watch-UFC-Events-In-UK-UFC-News

so basically ppv's (or numbered events as they should be called in no ppv territories) would be made available to other providers on a case by case basis.

see my above post.

what it appears to mean is that all events will be available to subscribers, but, events will be made available to sky box office, bt box office, itv box office customers on a one off basis. customers who dont want to sign up to eleven sports but want to buy a one off event.

Back