Mayweather vs Pacquiao Superthread (DO NOT POST OTHERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to know either way, to be honest; hopefully it happens but it doesn't look likely at this point and my roommates and I will have to really get ourselves convinced into getting a Pacquiao-Margarito fight (we won't buy a Cotto rematch).

Yeah, I don't know about buying either of those fight but I will go to the bar to watch them. I am not sure about why they even want a Cotto rematch. Roach already said it would be to easy of a fight for Pac but that bob wants another belt so they will take it. Shit even if he fights Marg it will be for the belt Serigo gave up.

Sad all these belts and no real champion.

Yeah, I don't know about buying either of those fight but I will go to the bar to watch them. I am not sure about why they even want a Cotto rematch. Roach already said it would be to easy of a fight for Pac but that bob wants another belt so they will take it. Shit even if he fights Marg it will be for the belt Serigo gave up.

For me Cotto hasn't proven shit since getting wrecked by Pacquiao (he was getting pretty flush by the feather fisted Foreman and who knows how dented his chin is at this point). If you're holding a gun to my head, I'd pick in a heartbeat Margarito because at least it'd be a fresh match (although he was last seen getting his teeth knocked out by Mosley). But, ideally, I'd prefer a number of other guys before either of them (particularly Mayweather) - still, it's understandable why Arum wants either Cotto II or Margarito (2x the promoter cut).

Nice to see that the world's finally waking up.

This ol' fight-fan here had maywetaher pegged right about 4 years ago and I was calling it even then regarding him ducking top fighters, and this is vindication as other boxing fans are finally becoming aware that he has in fact DUCKED the most dangerous fighters for 9 years while somehow convincing hordes of sheep that he was a great fighter. He NEVER fooled this guy, and people wouldn't listen.

He's a good skillful boxer, maybe a little better than Michael Nunn, but by no means a Great fighter.

His legacy will be defined by all the top fighters of the New Millennium that he DIDN'T fight...or cherry-picked when they were old or , even old and coming up 17 pounds and still went to boring decisions.

Pacquiao on the other hand will be remembered for fighting the absolute best fighters of his generation in sensational thrillers. Fighting with balls as large as grapefruits.

Pacquiao is the Great fighter of this era. "Fighter of the Decade."
True Greatness.

You are still on this mans nuts. You're not a fan but a fanatic in every sense. To say that Floyd cherry picks, thats what all fighters do when you get right down to it. Pac has done the same thing. Floyd is recognized no.2 p4p would be no.1 if he didnt retire and your saying he fooled the whole world, like your some kind of fucking genius. Its laughable cause all you are is a hater that I've never seen write anything intelligible.

It's sad that this is all they can talk about. I know it supposed to be the biggest fight and all that shit, and I could give a rats ass what they think.

I just they would show some support for other fighters
other then Floyd and Pac. I mean Showtime is having a great fight card tomorrow and Bradly is fighting Sat. and they can't even bother to mention it. The sport is bigger then Floyd Mayweather and Espn should show some respect to it.

good post. I always wonder that.

According to the Top Rank website. The countdown to "Money Time: Mayweather's Decision" has began. Will he accept or not?

Top Rank Boxing

Last edited:
I think he's already decided guy. It ain't happening.

It has to happen and Mayweather is getting abuse from the American press to take the fight
Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone find it strange that they would actually post a countdown to a signing of a contract? Are they just adding to the hype? Maybe this fight is a done deal already & they'll have this grand announcement that this fight is on? Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. :icon_conf

:icon_lol:
The Mayweather "duck clock" that we've been talking about so long on this forum has now become a reality!

It's sad that this is all they can talk about. I know it supposed to be the biggest fight and all that shit, and I could give a rats ass what they think.

I just they would show some support for other fighters
other then Floyd and Pac. I mean Showtime is having a great fight card tomorrow and Bradly is fighting Sat. and they can't even bother to mention it. The sport is bigger then Floyd Mayweather and Espn should show some respect to it.

Translation:

My idol Mayweather is looking bad so I'd rather focus attention on other fighters.

You are still on this mans nuts. You're not a fan but a fanatic in every sense. To say that Floyd cherry picks, thats what all fighters do when you get right down to it. Pac has done the same thing. Floyd is recognized no.2 p4p would be no.1 if he didnt retire and your saying he fooled the whole world, like your some kind of fucking genius. Its laughable cause all you are is a hater that I've never seen write anything intelligible.

And you are still on Floyd's nuts, and everbody on this board knows it.

Face it. Practically every boxer, sportswriter and reputable boxing observer out there is calling Floyd a ducker.

Only on the internet do Floyd's diehard cultists gather like roaches skittering in dark corners.

I hate sports ANALysts, its fucked up they talk all the shit about someone when they are not in that position and have not put in the lifes work and dedication that mayweather has. Guys like that need to protect their health and care for their family. I actually think Mayweather would beat pac-man via decision. That being said I still hate Mayweather

I hate sports ANALysts, its fucked up they talk all the shit about someone when they are not in that position and have not put in the lifes work and dedication that mayweather has. Guys like that need to protect their health and care for their family. I actually think Mayweather would beat pac-man via decision. That being said I still hate Mayweather

Mayweather is singlehandedly hindering the growth of boxing.

This, in an age where boxing is declining as a major sport, and a pretender called MMA is rising.

It's not often when one man gets placed in a position where he can hold back an entire sport, but that's what's happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back