Mayweather Technical Analysis

RAFI BOMB

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested in understanding the technical skill set of Mayweather this video might be worth watching. This will also help people understand the obstacles that McGregor must overcome and potentially open up some interesting discussions on how McGregor will adapt to Mayweather's technical skill and areas that McGregor may be able to exploit given his skill set.

Also given the fact that McGregor is a southpaw here are some tactics that he could possibly use.

McGregor may benefit from emulating Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Pacquaio and Roy Jones Jr

Last edited:
I gotta say, I appreciate this post and will watch the videos above. I will also say, don't be disappointed if this thread dies a quick death. Most people don't come here to analyze or give insight. Instead, they come to vent their frustrations about their shitty lives through hating and trolling. If ignorance was a commodity, Sherdog would be bigger than Google. I think I'll make that my sig.

I could watch these all day, thanks.

Rigondeaux punching across his body is pretty dope
Conor punches across his body too, but he over extends when he does it

Good stuff there, TS. Thanks for taking the time.

obstacles?? this aint no obstacle course .. all conor gotta do is land that left

In case anyone is interested in understanding the technical skill set of Mayweather this video might be worth watching. This will also help people understand the obstacles that McGregor must overcome and potentially open up some interesting discussions on how McGregor will adapt to Mayweather's technical skill and areas that McGregor may be able to exploit given his skill set.

Also given the fact that McGregor is a southpaw here are some tactics that he could possibly use.

McGregor may benefit from emulating Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Pacquaio and Roy Jones Jr

To be fair, every fighter that ever lived could do with emulating Rigo and Lomo.

Thanks. Amazing videos.

It's fascinating that Floyd can use the pull counter which is Conor's best weapon to perfection. But it's still just one of his many tools. And unlike Conor he is used to guys who can deal with or even counter the technique.

Floyd is a boxing genius. He has a answer for everything. When you counter his techniques he counters your counters.

Here are a few more videos that might be worth watching.

First, while McGregor is a southpaw he could still learn a few technical skills from Mike Tyson and Jamey Toney.

Second there are various ways to attack in boxing and this gives a overview of them.

Third, here is the art of side stepping

Finally, here are some common tactics of Mayweather.

Last edited:
Back