MayMac will ruin MMA's reputation

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
After this embarrassment nobody will take this sport seriously.

"boxing's p4p beat up mma's p4p, hurdurr"

I agree. If Conor gets beaten easily it will be devasting for the sport. A lot of people feel like Conor is responsible for taking the sport to the next level recently. Unfortunately he could very well be responsible for destroying it.

Yeah James Toney getting subbed in 2 minutes really ruined boxing.

I'm a Boxing fan and I fear the same is true if McGregor pulls this off.

If McGregor wins, Boxing will be humiliated and embarrassed.

P4P King Floyd losing to a guy with 0 fights? That would be a huge hit to boxing's credibility.

I can just imagine after any boxing fight being announced some MMA fan claiming "I bet *insert MMA fighter* can beat them up at their own game"

I'm a Boxing fan and I fear the same is true if McGregor pulls this off.

If McGregor wins, Boxing will be humiliated and embarrassed.

P4P King Floyd losing to a guy with 0 fights? That would be a huge hit to boxing's credibility.

I can just imagine after any boxing fight being announced some MMA fan claiming "I bet *insert MMA fighter* can beat them up at their own game"
if you're a boxing fan you know how much the skill gap is in that sport and that conor has no chance

That wasnt toney's prime

Randy Couture was 95.

It doesn't matter. People know it's two different sports. This isn't 2002. Everyone knows that Conor dominates in literally any other combat sport ruleset.

Randy Couture was 95.

It doesn't matter. People know it's two different sports. This isn't 2002. Everyone knows that Conor dominates in literally any other combat sport ruleset.
Ofcourse he does, too bad they fighting in a boxing match where he'll get embarassed and that's all people will remember

Wtf.
Neither boxing nor mma will suffer because this is neither.
Neither is "representing their sport", they're just representing cash grabs from morons.

adfdffgg570ec88d.gif

You believe that if Floyd, a P4P GOAT that has embarrassed the best boxing has to over, embarrasses Conor, a man is who 0-0 in boxing, that will ruin MMA's reputation? The bar is pretty low here. I wouldn't worry about it.

Randy Couture was 95.

Toney had over 80 fights by that point and weighed 77lbs over his prime fighting weight. So what if Couture is 3 yrs older. Took him 4mins to submit him.
Took 48 yr old Ray Mercer 9 seconds to dispatch Tim Sylvia.

And boxing is the only combat ruleset that matters.

Get off me

I think it would embarrass MMA a little, but not much. It wouldn't "ruin" its reputation. But McGregor IS someone who is mostly known for boxing and knocking people dead, and him losing to Floyd just means he was completely outclassed in the area where he was the strongest.

If the fight goes as many expect Conor will be outclassed in his prime by a 40 year old that is "tree times smaller than him". If casuals understood that a fighter specializing in one discipline will typically beat a fighter that trains across multiple disciplines at that sport then this wouldn't be a 3+ million PPV. And it is.

Casuals haven't seen Cyborg vs Baars or Maia vs Garcia. I think TS might be right. If the fight isn't competitive casual fans might have a lesser view of the sport whether that's fair or not. Not that many people were arguing striking in MMA was on par with boxing anyways.

After this embarrassment nobody will take this sport seriously.

"boxing's p4p beat up mma's p4p, hurdurr"

I've been closely following mma for a long time and the interesting dynamic today as opposed to say 2006 is that back then people used to think a pro boxer could go into mma and clean house. Now in 2017 it's flipped where people think mma fighters have a better chance at boxing than the other way around. It's fucking crazy how mma is considered legitimate today which some newer fans might not realize it was the other way around a decade ago.

I think if Conor gets torched it helps boxing but people won't be stupid enough to think boxers can cross over into mma easier.

Back