MayMac does 4.5m domestic & over 5.5m worldwide, plus CC numbers

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer:

Dana White claimed in the Wall Street Journal that Mayweather vs. McGregor did 6.7 million worldwide buys and broke the all-time record in the U.S., U.K., Canada and Spain.

That figure sounds high. Showtime had reported 4.5 million for the U.S. and the U.K. number was just over 1 million, and it’s hard to believe that you could get another 1.2 million buys worldwide even with streaming PPV

Closed-circuit numbers in Las Vegas for Mayweather vs. McGregor on 8/26 were 20,999 tickets sold for $3,106,410. That number would be way under expectations of 46,000 and $7 million going in

@tithas @Threetrees @Hardkore @ThePeoplesMMA @nanika @qw3rty @Danespina @Jackie Blue @Myrddin Wild @Vicky @A.S. Deep @Codpiece @wilKO @CereserBr @Pakman

So it officially beat MayPac worldwide & in revenue, but a hair under domestic

what Ireland viewing of it in number i wonder

thanks for this!

For the nitwits that don't think Meltzer has inside info & accuracy on his PPV numbers

the day before showtime announced their figures, Dave said between 4.25-4.5m buys!

?1?

$100+m is nothing to sneeze at.

Man knows how to play the game

I don’t blame him. I’m not sure I’d do things exactly how he did (outside of the cage), but, if I could talk myself into a $100m+ payday, I would too.

I don’t blame him. I’m not sure I’d do things exactly how he did (outside of the cage), but, if I could talk myself into a $100m+ payday, I would too.

Some forget what the history of 'Prize fighting' is all about
Fighting for the biggest prize

It was always about that & always will be.
Anybody that thinks Ali, Tyson, Foreman, etc were in it for anything else is foolish

Some forget what the history of 'Prize fighting' is all about
Fighting for the biggest prize

It was always about that & always will be.
Anybody that thinks Ali, Tyson, Foreman, etc were in it for anything else is foolish

Sure, but not everyone sells their soul for the dollar.

I know guys like Chuck made money, fought because he was getting the biggest paychecks you could, but he fought anyone whenever because he was a fighter at heart. Not a guy who got in to make money from it n get out.

100 mil $ personality indeed...

Expect many others to try to follow suit.
And to fail because in the wme era no one will be funded as much as conor was

I doubt he got anywhere close to 100 mill in the end. They're gonna say he did, of course, but nah.

Good numbers though. It's gonna be interesting to see how he does when he comes back to MMA.

The world consist more than just the US and UK you know.... if they officially got 4.5m in the US and 1 mil in the UK its not hard to imagine 1.2m addition PPV buys total from places like Canada, South America, Russia, Asia, Australia etc.

I know the fight was everywhere in Toronto (Canada)

Back