max holloway has shown again jiu jitsu has major flaws

Dude do you even know what gym Max trains out of.

Gracie Technics.
ik he does... but i find the gracies jiu jitsu to be a load of dogma. Luta Livre is the superior art

nonsense and u know it, ts.

i bet ur a bjj blackbelt spewing this to get ur jollies

Pure BJJ guys would be super well served to cross train in wrestling.

They have great ground games, but todays fighters have much evolved TDD.

I often wonder what would happen if we saw a legit Olympic caliber wrestler cross-train in BJJ, and achieve a high level black belt game. That would be seriously scary imo.
Weidman was kind of that mold for a while. Before taking anderson down diversifying his submission game under Matt Serra was a very big priority of his and snatched up a couple of sub wins in a row, followed by taking a short notice fight against Demaian maia in his 8th pro contest and more than holding his own in the grappling. Mind you Weidman never competed in the olympics, but he does hold black belt recognition under Matt Serra/Renzo Gracie. Just think the closer you get to the tip of the mountain your opponents just know too much about bjj as well for it to be prioritized further than it needs to be.

ik he does... but i find the gracies jiu jitsu to be a load of dogma. Luta Livre is the superior art

That's such a weird thing to say. "Gracie" jiujitsu is just a brand name at this point, Every MMA fighter spends a large portion of their training doing submission grappling/BJJ for offensive and defensive purpose, it's a must have at this point. None of them really push any brands of BJJ anymore, it just happens that most high level black belts can train their lineage back to one of the Gracies.

What makes Luta Livre superior in MMA than BJJ, I'm willing to bet you can't identify who in MMA trains Luta Livre vs BJJ.

Take away BJJ from all those wrestlers and they're all tapped
This. You cannot win a belt with BJJ alone, but you have to be proficient in submission defense in any case. Granted, BJJ is not the be-all end-all submission grappling discipline, because disciplines like Sambo and catch wrestling exist.

Wrestler with not striking/subs gonna do better than bjj guy?

Someone should go back n rewatch original ufc

1. Yes, the wrestler probably will be able to keep the fight on the feet, and would likely be able to outstrike the bjj guy due to superior athleticism/footwork.

2. The original UFC isn't a good model to go off of since wrestlers nowadays are familiar with basic bjj moves and wouldn't be caught off guard as badly if it went to the ground. And as I said before, they would probably be able to keep the fight off the ground anyways.

Jon Jones: outwrestles Olympic caliber wrestlers
hlhoooorp6wwcsnqws6o.gif

Submits black-belts
Jon+Jones+Americana+Vitor+Belfort+UFC+152.gif
Wheres the gif where he shoots up roids into his ass?

That's such a weird thing to say. "Gracie" jiujitsu is just a brand name at this point, Every MMA fighter spends a large portion of their training doing submission grappling/BJJ for offensive and defensive purpose, it's a must have at this point. None of them really push any brands of BJJ anymore, it just happens that most high level black belts can train their lineage back to one of the Gracies.

What makes Luta Livre superior in MMA than BJJ, I'm willing to bet you can't identify who in MMA trains Luta Livre vs BJJ.
Marco Ruas and Gesias JZ Cavalcante,jose aldo
. im saying this because lutra live essentially is better because of the takedown work. a lot of lutre livre students went to jiu jitsu because of the connections to fighting business.

Aldo is a Luta Livre black belt

I agree. Powerful takedown skills (from wrestling) is the last missing piece of a complete BJJ art.

BJJ was a descendant of Judo Japanese Jujutsu, so it relied on Judo for takedowns. While Judo has great throws, its takedown arsenal is very limited compared to wrestling, as modern high level MMA competitions have proven over and over.

In order for BJJ to evolve as a complete grappling martial art, it needs to fuse wrestling and make it a fundamental part of the fighting philosophy and training curriculum.

the tak down attempts and range were god damn awful
has jiu jitsu just become a Gracie propaganda piece to get monies
106_Max_Holloway_x_Brian_Ortega.0.jpg

how many champs r now jiu jitsu disciples, meaning their foundation is jiu jitsu
all 6/8 divisions are foundationally wrestlers and the other 2 are strikers
images

stipe-miocic-fabricio-werdum-mma-ufc-fight-night-werdum-vs-miocic-1.jpg

Wrestling for take downs (offensive and deffensive)
BJJ for ground (wheater u like the GnP or submit)
Box - Kick Boxing for striking

Everything else like Judo, Sambo, Muay Thai, can work too.

"When Max broke your nose, was that still Gracie Jiu Jitsu?"

If Oretga trained with Khabib for the takedowns he would be unstoppable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back