Matt Mitrione Rank

MMAGamblero

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was just looking at the updated Sherdog HW rankings and Matt is not even in the top 15. Is there a more in depth ranking that goes beyond 15? I am sure he is somewhere around 19-22?

Fightmatrix.com does the best at it. It's not all perfect because I believe it's all computer generated but they get it pretty close to what I'd have it at. Currently they have Mitrione at 22. I'd probably have him a bit higher, maybe just in the top 20 or something. The Browne loss looks worse in hindsight and he's won 2 since coming 2 Bellator but they weren't big names, Oli Thompson had a decent rank so that win helped but I'm sure the guy before him didn't do much for him.

Fightmatrix.com does the best at it. It's not all perfect because I believe it's all computer generated but they get it pretty close to what I'd have it at. Currently they have Mitrione at 22. I'd probably have him a bit higher, maybe just in the top 20 or something. The Browne loss looks worse in hindsight and he's won 2 since coming 2 Bellator but they weren't big names, Oli Thompson had a decent rank so that win helped but I'm sure the guy before him didn't do much for him.
yeah fight matrix is really good. my only issue with their system is that if a fighter changes weight class they maintain their worth in the new weight class points wise. for example, i think nate diaz went to #2 at LW after beating Conor

yeah fight matrix is really good. my only issue with their system is that if a fighter changes weight class they maintain their worth in the new weight class points wise. for example, i think nate diaz went to #2 at LW after beating Conor

Oh for sure there are flaws. It's still the best thing around to me and if I want to get an idea of a top 25 or so that's where I go. Hell in some divisions I'll even expand, I occasionally check out the HW top 250 lol. It gets shaky after a while for sure but it's interesting. The HWs intrigue me with the likelihood of upset and you see that in the rankings. You'll see a guy who's .500 be ranked a lot higher than you thought he would be because he got a good upset KO or something.

Fight Matrix is my fav, however if you want rankings beyond even that than tapology has those (down to the most obscure regional amateur's).

5 responses looks like your being too transparent... try again

Back