Matt Mitrione finds out Stefan Struve has pulled out of their fight (VIDEO)

He looks relieved. In psychology they call it "reaction formation."

If I was told my opponent had pulled out, I would ask why? what's going on?
90% of fighters act like this.

Did you see Cormier when jones got pulled?

If you were a UFC fighter there would be no question who the true GOAT is. Maybe it's not too late bro?

If you were a UFC fighter there would be no question who the true GOAT is. Maybe it's not too late bro?
I am just jumping to a conclusion based on the little information we have. Like most of us do. No need for sarcasm.

We are here to share opinions.

These types vids always get me... <mma1>

I was bummed when that fight fell through & felt bad/worried for Struve.

Maybe he does feel relieved, but he is also clearly angry too. If your imaginary opponent pulled out i'm sure you would behave in whatever manner you state on sherdog.

lol that sobbing dude ktfo the current UFC HW champ

he was kind of a douche with tito but other than that, i like him.

matt is a classy guy for sure. I feel terrible for him.

90% of fighters act like this.

Did you see Cormier when jones got pulled?
I think it is partly because they are relieved, but they have to maintain that "anybody anywhere" macho persona, and act disappointed.

I think it is partly because they are relieved, but they have to maintain that "anybody anywhere" macho persona, and act disappointed.
Well, I guess they could be relieved that they aren't getting punched in the face but you need to remember they may of lost a chance to increase their pay by double with a win.

They train hard for this night, for it to get cancelled like that would be heartbreaking.

Or because they dont get paid and wasted a whole training camp????

Maybe he does feel relieved, but he is also clearly angry too. If your imaginary opponent pulled out i'm sure you would behave in whatever manner you state on sherdog.
You are right. It is possible to experience a combination of emotions in that situation.

Dana paid Matt too. Not sure about Struve though.

Or because they dont get paid and wasted a whole training camp????
A fight camp is never wasted. However, I was wrong. Apparently it was a kidney stone. So, it is not his psychology, but possibly his weight cutting strategy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back