Media Matt Brown talks about the moment he knew he needed to retire

It's been 16 years since TUF7.

16 years! What the absolute fuck.

8d6.gif

Ps. Happy retirement to Brown!

Did you even listen to the video? He said tons of intelligent things and I really enjoyed listening to the reasons for his choice.

Sorry your sensitive ass can't handle a fun little joke.

Hope Matt's successful in his business ventures, he's turned his life around in the best way, hard work has took him to the right place.
lol triggered

yeah because his voice even sounds higher pitched and more whiney than it used to before but i thought maybe it's the shitty phone mic. this interview was only 4 yrs ago...

he also looked like he aged about 10 yrs in that 4 yrs too.

I know I aged 10 in 4 lol, went from 37 to 41 in this span. When we drop off we just drop off.

People need to understand this in regards to Jon Jones as well

Or any older fighter who's been around a long time and fought everyone.

You need a fight that gets you out of bed in the morning, that gets you motivated.

That's why fighters who are at the end of their career are always looking for the "right fight"

This is an even bigger factor when you're already rich enough to retire several times over and you've been to the top of the mountain already.

Jones has had some mediocre performances, then you compare it to how he showed up against DC. The difference is having an interesting opponent with some accolades behind them.

After the Reyes fight, I think that's when Jones understood he's at the point of his career where he can't just take any fight anymore. It has to be something that gets his dick hard, not just the next guy in line.

Fans don't ever seem to understand this.

And ultimately, when you've been around and tested yourself against all comers for your entire career, you've earned the right to be more selective when you only have a few left.

But, in the mma community, you're called a coward immediately.

People really have no respect for fighters.

It's not like you wake up one day and think oh I'm X years old now, better change my whole persona.
Yeah he admitted his mistake already.

Guess I should retire too...

People need to understand this in regards to Jon Jones as well

Or any older fighter who's been around a long time and fought everyone.

You need a fight that gets you out of bed in the morning, that gets you motivated.

That's why fighters who are at the end of their career are always looking for the "right fight"

This is an even bigger factor when you're already rich enough to retire several times over and you've been to the top of the mountain already.

Jones has had some mediocre performances, then you compare it to how he showed up against DC. The difference is having an interesting opponent with some accolades behind them.

After the Reyes fight, I think that's when Jones understood he's at the point of his career where he can't just take any fight anymore. It has to be something that gets his dick hard, not just the next guy in line.

Fans don't ever seem to understand this.

And ultimately, when you've been around and tested yourself against all comers for your entire career, you've earned the right to be more selective when you only have a few left.

But, in the mma community, you're called a coward immediately.

People really have no respect for fighters.

Jon Jones and respect? lol, if there isn't any fight that "gets his dick hard" than stop taking steroids, drugs, and gas station dick pills and maybe it might again. besides, if he had respect he'd stop holding the HW title hostage like his life depends on it. go ahead, wait for Stipe, but give the belt up if he had any respect for the sport that gave him everything and the fans that financed it.

Back