Masons Boxing gloves?

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone heard of them?

Apparently they are Italian made and take pride in their leather.

https://www.toysforbigboys.com/masons-industry/

Saw on instagram that Ashley Theophane spars in them.

In this video, the owner states that once the padding wears off, you can send it back to them to have it replaced.

Not sure what the cost would be though, if any.

The Masons brand is now defunct. The glove maker, Filippo Leccese, is releasing a new brand - Di Nardo.

gloves.jpg gloves2.jpg

Those look pretty sweet.

Logo is a little too similar to Grant, though, for this glove company to make it on its own.

Those look pretty sweet.

Logo is a little too similar to Grant, though, for this glove company to make it on its own.

I would hope that they were judged more on their quality than what logo is on the backhand...

It's the the little intricacies that are impressive - kevlar wire for the stitching, a polyamide silver-thread lining, only handled by him etc.

Then again, I could be slightly biased :D

I don't think they are similar enough for that to be a problem, at all honestly

I would hope that they were judged more on their quality than what logo is on the backhand...

It's the the little intricacies that are impressive - kevlar wire for the stitching, a polyamide silver-thread lining, only handled by him etc.

Then again, I could be slightly biased :D
Don't misunderstand. I think the gloves look great. And I have little doubt they'll play the part. All I'm saying is the logo is eerily similar to Grants. And I think it would be in their best interest to change their logo before they become too popular and get involved in some kind of lawsuit. That and I'd imagine most people will think they're just trying to piggy back off of Grant. But maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I was basing my comments on their FB page logo.

Btw, are you selling these?

IMG_6020.JPG

Great looking gloves. Logo is obviously a rip-off of Grant's logo, intentional or not.

I was just in contact with Di Nardo's facebook; and they quoted me for €475 excluding shipping. 16oz, velcro, metallic colors.

That's about $530!

Don't think I can pull this trigger at the moment lol.

Don't misunderstand. I think the gloves look great. And I have little doubt they'll play the part. All I'm saying is the logo is eerily similar to Grants. And I think it would be in their best interest to change their logo before they become too popular and get involved in some kind of lawsuit. That and I'd imagine most people will think they're just trying to piggy back off of Grant. But maybe I'm wrong.

View attachment 232563

Don't get me wrong, I 100% see the similarity. I just took umbridge with you insinuating that because the logo was similar; the gloves wouldn't 'make it on their own'.

I do work with him yes, as his artistic temperament holds him back from social media and advertising...!

Don't get me wrong, I 100% see the similarity. I just took umbridge with you insinuating that because the logo was similar; the gloves wouldn't 'make it on their own'.

I do work with him yes, as his artistic temperament holds him back from social media and advertising...!
Yeah, I worded that poorly. For sure, I think the gloves would do great on their own. But the logo might pose a hindrance to that end, which would be unfortunate given the obvious quality of the gear. It seems like the intended market for these gloves is the same as Fly boxing gloves, which is an expensive market, to say the least. All I'm saying is that, given the market, the logo should be a little more distinct in order not to give the impression that they are copying another (possibly even a relatively lower grade) glove company. Not a judgment on anything other than the potential negative that might follow something as insignificant and accidental to the quality of their gloves as the logo.

It's definitely a hindrance, as I bet guys who see someone else wearing those at the gym will just assume they're Grant. Or, if they learn that they're not Grant, they'll just think that they're a knock-off of Grants and therefore not as good.

I've re-inquired with Di Nardo on how much a 12oz would cost, with no special options such as custom name printing, metallic colors, velcro, special leathers; etc.

Just a plain pair of 12oz. Cheapest possible. I'm thinking of a brown and burgundy wine red combo.

Maybe I'll go 10oz if the price is even lower for that.

He'll get back to me tomorrow.

I've re-inquired with Di Nardo on how much a 12oz would cost, with no special options such as custom name printing, metallic colors, velcro, special leathers; etc.

Just a plain pair of 12oz. Cheapest possible. I'm thinking of a brown and burgundy wine red combo.

You won't be disappointed should you go ahead with your purchase. If you mention my name he may help you out a little more... Or may not :D

You won't be disappointed should you go ahead with your purchase. If you mention my name he may help you out a little more... Or may not :D

I'll be sure to mention you! *fingers crossed*.

So what's your experience with the brand? How are they compared to other gloves in terms of fit/comfort/impact-feeling?

Brown and burgundy combo? To each his own but that sounds like it will not come out well alomost zero contrast between the two color in the dark they could appear to be one color.
Maybe try brown and bright yellow it looks decente.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. For sure, I think the gloves would do great on their own. But the logo might pose a hindrance to that end, which would be unfortunate given the obvious quality of the gear. It seems like the intended market for these gloves is the same as Fly boxing gloves, which is an expensive market, to say the least. All I'm saying is that, given the market, the logo should be a little more distinct in order not to give the impression that they are copying another (possibly even a relatively lower grade) glove company. Not a judgment on anything other than the potential negative that might follow something as insignificant and accidental to the quality of their gloves as the logo.

The logo on the gloves themselves looks fine. It is when it is surrounded by the oval (like the one posted from the Facebook page) that it really starts to look like Grant.

The logo on the gloves themselves looks fine. It is when it is surrounded by the oval (like the one posted from the Facebook page) that it really starts to look like Grant.

Fortunately we have since revamped the logo entirely and we love It!

View attachment 232563

this reminds me of something <45>

on a serious note though. I am not a fan of these DiNardo gloves at all.

Back