Mark This Thread: The Next Big "Money Fight" Is Conor McGregor vs. Oscar de la Hoya

Common fucking sense. Dana aint going to allow it. Conor jsut got beat . Hes not taking a chance in him losing again. He will face diaz again. Then either woodley or gsp then maybe retire

You said specifically 4 fights. None of us know the number. How do you? And no it's not common knowledge.

You said specifically 4 fights. None of us know the number. How do you? And no it's not common knowledge.
Dana White mentioned this at some point.

I think it was when McGregor was making waves about pursuing the Mayweather fight without the UFC's involvement, and White said something along the lines of, "he's got four fights left with us. Finish those, and go do whatever you want."

EDIT:

As for McGregor going it alone to set up a Mayweather bout, White was more emphatic. He declared:

"It will never happen; that's not even possible. He's under contract with us. You have a contract for a reason.

"Let me tell you what, there are a lot of contracts out there, no matter what business you are in - UFC or whatever - and it's pretty tough to get out of a contract.

"And if that's what Conor wants to do, he's got four fights left. He's got four fights left with the UFC. Fight your four fights and, you know, go out and do what you want to do."

SOURCE: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-white-reveals-many-fights-conor-mcgregor-left-ufc-contract-112574

I don't see this happening, but Oscar wouldn't turn it down. He was contemplating a comeback in 2015.

Haha. No fucking way. First off, it wouldnt happen till next year or after if it does. Oscar would be 45 and wouldnt have boxed for over 10yrs!

Back