Mark Hunt vs Alistair Overeem in K-1

I think Hunt from his kickboxing days would crack him with something.But Reem also has a chance during a fight to land something big.Still i'd go with Hunt.

Reem_vs._Badr_Hari_1.gif

At their best Hunt would knock Overeem the hell out.

reem for sure. his mma striking is great but when he is able to turtle up behind k-1 gloves to protect his glass chin he becomes next level beast

Hunt from his K1 days would KO Reem imo.

Reem, he is probably allowed horsemeat in K1

Time out, why do we care about this fantasy matchup a) in the heavies, 2) in K-1 which is busted, and iii) between a fighter who isn't under contract with the UFC against a fighter who is under contract with the UFC? It's not like they would ever be able to fight in kickboxing as long as at least one is with the UFC.

Wasteland.

Hunt won a WGP in a time that the level in K-1 was higher. Overeem was also quite lucky. Hunt didn't have the toughest path to the final either, but at least he had to face JLB in his first fight.

Hunt via KO, he was a freaking tank in his prime and fast as hell.

He also fought in the golden K-1 days, Overeem didn't.

Hunt won a WGP in a time that the level in K-1 was higher. Overeem was also quite lucky. Hunt didn't have the toughest path to the final either, but at least he had to face JLB in his first fight.

lol, reem could only fight who they put in front of him and he beat them all with ease

they literally changed K-1 rules because he was borderline killing people with his clinch knees

lol, reem could only fight who they put in front of him and he beat them all with ease

they literally changed K-1 rules because he was borderline killing people with his clinch knees
Nobody is denying that, I'm just saying Hunt was fighting during a time that the level in K-1 was higher.

Overeem wasn't "borderline killing people with his clinch knees". The only guy he knocked out cold in K-1 with a knee was Teixeira and that attack was arguably already illegal under the old rules.

Nobody is denying that, I'm just saying Hunt was fighting during a time that the level in K-1 was higher.

Overeem wasn't "borderline killing people with his clinch knees". The only guy he knocked out cold in K-1 with a knee was Teixeira and that attack was arguably already illegal under the old rules.
well hunt was fighting and losing back then too.. how many gifts did he get to even make it into the final gp?

well hunt was fighting and losing back then too.. how many gifts did he get to even make it into the final gp?
Like I said, they both had a pretty easy path. And like I said, the one thing Hunt really had going for him in his WGP win is KOing JLB. Apart from that, not much difference in their WGP wins. Hunt did lose quite a few, yes, but there were also more genuine top fighters around in that time. Look at who he lost to, most of these guys are considered legends right now and were in their (or close to being in) their primes.

Anabolistair owes all of his accomplishments to PEDs, so in a hypothetical reality where he didn't juice his way into the heavyweight division, Hunto ruins him with ease, like many did before.

Back