Media Mark Coleman's anticipated boxing debut is set, will face former Roy Jones Jr. opponent

who comes up with this?

seriously, which promoter is sitting in their office thinking about fights he could put together and goes "i know! mark coleman isn't doing much these days, let's have him in a boxing match!"

He was after a Slap Fight at one point, I think those promoter's must have actually turned him down.

Roy cant even walk without limping because of his shot knee's from running and playing basketball in his freetime

https://youtube.com/shorts/T4y0zow3PBA?feature=share4 but the moment he gets in the ring the memory hits in. Mark never had that. Hope roy goes easy on him and doesnt pull a belfort

Man of honor, it ll be a true exhibition. Just some fun

He was after a Slap Fight at one point, I think those promoter's must have actually turned him down.
Oh shit, I had forgotten about that... thankfully Tim Sylvia quickly put an end to that idea
342733821_764123718691464_1282637823235866286_n.0.jpg

Roy cant even walk without limping because of his shot knee's from running and playing basketball in his freetime

https://youtube.com/shorts/T4y0zow3PBA?feature=share4 but the moment he gets in the ring the memory hits in. Mark never had that. Hope roy goes easy on him and doesnt pull a belfort

Man of honor, it ll be a true exhibition. Just some fun

Mark Coleman isn't boxing Roy, don't worry.

Oh shit, I had forgotten about that... thankfully Tim Sylvia quickly put an end to that idea
342733821_764123718691464_1282637823235866286_n.0.jpg

Mark Coleman isn't boxing Roy, don't worry.
What do you think is gonna happen?

I want Roy or someone else avenge Holyfield. Someone needs to flatten Belfort in a circus fight. Whats Bisping doing these days? Exhibition means no medicals right?

What do you think is gonna happen?

Well, what should happen is you reading the OP instead of just reading the weirdly worded title, I swear the whole situation will make more sense :D

Don't worry, you're not the only one who missed it =>
This pains me after watching Coleman's last "ring work".

Roy fought Iron Mike and that went to a split decision draw... Against Mike F'n Tyson !!!

A truly awesome and inspiring athlete for so many years, this being sanctioned just to make a buck is a travesty in the interest of Mark's safety.

Anyway, what I hope happens is that Mark Coleman gets to train a lot, since it's what keeps him sober, and then that the boxing match falls through somehow so he doesn't have to get hurt...

I'd say that I wish he would actively coach again, but considering that he got hurt badly while helping BJ Penn coach his TUF 19 team against Frankie, and Penn didn't give a shit, the UFC didn't give a shit, and he suffered for 2 years with a busted hip before gofundme saved his ass.

So yeah, maybe keep being A.J. Dobson's cornerman and coach

so he can stay in the sport, but without having to compete himself in anything physical.

I understand his need to compete, but his latest ideas (slap fighting, and boxing against an actual boxer) have been horrible.
Unless he has an exhibition grappling bout against another aged legend like Dan Severn or Don Frye, I say forget anything physical.
Like how Frank Shamrock had a grappling bout 8 years after his last MMA fight, in RIZIN against Sakuraba (who had retired from MMA for good 2 years before, when he took on Aoki after a 4 years long hiatus)

Don't get me wrong, the grappling bout itself was pretty boring, nothing like how a fight between the 2 would have likely looked like when they were in their primes, but at least for Frank, it scratched his itch to compete and realized that his body wasn't cool with it anymore.
Good wake-up call, since he was considering an actual MMA bout before settling for a grappling one.

Well, what should happen is you reading the OP instead of just reading the weirdly worded title, I swear the whole situation will make more sense :D

Don't worry, you're not the only one who missed it =>

Anyway, what I hope happens is that Mark Coleman gets to train a lot, since it's what keeps him sober, and then that the boxing match falls through somehow so he doesn't have to get hurt...

I'd say that I wish he would actively coach again, but considering that he got hurt badly while helping BJ Penn coach his TUF 19 team against Frankie, and Penn didn't give a shit, the UFC didn't give a shit, and he suffered for 2 years with a busted hip before gofundme saved his ass.

So yeah, maybe keep being A.J. Dobson's cornerman and coach

so he can stay in the sport, but without having to compete himself in anything physical.

I understand his need to compete, but his latest ideas (slap fighting, and boxing against an actual boxer) have been horrible.
Unless he has an exhibition grappling bout against another aged legend like Dan Severn or Don Frye, I say forget anything physical.
Like how Frank Shamrock had a grappling bout 8 years after his last MMA fight, in RIZIN against Sakuraba (who had retired from MMA for good 2 years before, when he took on Aoki after a 4 years long hiatus)

Don't get me wrong, the grappling bout itself was pretty boring, nothing like how a fight between the 2 would have likely looked like when they were in their primes, but at least for Frank, it scratched his itch to compete and realized that his body wasn't cool with it anymore.
Good wake-up call, since he was considering an actual MMA bout before settling for a grappling one.

I did, way more sense. Took the follow-up adderall too. I beg my pardon

This is bad..bad bad

Must be some kind of celebrity boxing match...

I mean...its basically a guaranteed first round KO loss for Mark, the only question is how much damage will be done in the 30 seconds or so this lasts. Hopefully its not too bad. Who the fuck would sanction this shit though?

I mean...its basically a guaranteed first round KO loss for Mark, the only question is how much damage will be done in the 30 seconds or so this lasts. Hopefully its not too bad. Who the fuck would sanction this shit though?

I think if they're "exhibitions" they don't do much sanctioning, same way they keep having Mayweather Vs YouTubers and reality TV guys.

I am glad for Mark, the guy, as far as I know, was an alcoholic and god knows what else, then slowly got his shit back together and then started training again. The thing is he looks like absolute shit, like an old man almost in need of a cane.

Still, I am glad for this payday, I hope it's worth it for him, he is a legend.

But Mark Coleman vs Montel Griffin in 2023 in boxing is about the most random fucking match up I could never think of, literally what the actual fuck.

Did he lose muscle. He can't have boxing level cardio.

I don't even think mark Coleman can win a wrestling match at this point

Dang it, poor Mark is going to get knocked the fuck out <DCrying>

I really wish he could have an exhibition grappling bout in RIZIN instead, Coleman is still a relatively big name in Japan

Have him grapple another popular but washed up MMArtists, maybe Ken Shamrock or Tito Ortiz at some RIZIN event, or even Mark's friend Rampage Jackson, or ... I don't know, anything but boxing... <mma1>

Also, nothing to do with anything above, but I read this 2009 interview with Mark that took place right before the Shogun rematch at UFC 93, a year before Fedor lost his fight MMA bout.
( https://www.mmafighting.com/2009/01/08/ufc-93-mark-coleman-talks-shogun-rua-says-hes-not-ready-to-re )
That part was interesting:
Who's the best opponent you've fought?
Fedor.

What is it like to fight Fedor?
For me, it wasn't that fun. In my opinion, he's the best there is out there. He's got the whole game -- including, most importantly, mentally he's one of the toughest guys out there. He's got the complete package. He's strong, he's quick, he's fast and highly skilled in all areas. My only concern for him is his size one day may catch up to him, and the possibility of getting cut. But other than that he's phenomenal.

When you say size, you mean he might struggle against a bigger opponent?
Exactly. He's like six feet tall and 230 pounds, and that's a small heavyweight these days.

One year later, Fedor would lose to bigger HWs in Werdum and Bigfoot Silva (I'm still a bit sore about the doctor stopping the fight, Fedor took a beating in that second round, but Bigfoot was starting to gas badly, and Fedor might have knocked him out, a just win a big 10-8 round and win the decision).

Anyway, just thought that is was a nice interview with Mark, so...

RF, I did, made sense to me also. Couldn't have said it better than above.

Cheers buddy <RomeroSalute>

lol colemans cardio was shite 20 years ago, heart attack incoming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back