Mark Bell's Podcast Instantly Erased from YouTube

Steroids are ilegal drugs. In the category where someone would explain how to use cocaine on youtube and motivate it.

Steroids are ilegal drugs. In the category where someone would explain how to use cocaine on youtube and motivate it.
It is still censorship. Everybody isn’t just blind to the fact they exist. Being educated on them isn’t wrong.

I skimmed over the video in the OP even though I don't like that dude and saw a couple of things I agreed with. One idea was that it was AI flagging shit which I would believe. The other is that Youtube doesn't care about this enough to bother looking into it.

Pretty crazy because a reasonable person wouldn't find anything actually dangerous about what he was doing. Meanwhile I am subscribed to a youtube channel that is exclusively videos of police shootings. That channel isn't monetized, but it is allowed to exist and I see people getting shot on there daily.
Mark Bell hasn't been doing a great job keeping snake oil salesmen away from his podcast unfortunately.
Most decisions like this are based on money or risk of losing money. I'd love to hear the full story or explanation. At least in the US, liability issues are a huge part of decisions like this.

This all makes (a certain kind of) sense, but it was the extreme nature of literally removing every video and the channel in the blink of an eye. Flagging shit is one thing, deleting a video or two is another, but the Thanos snap and goodbye years of content isn't something I'd ever seen before on YT and it doesn't seem like an encouraging precedent.

Had he had other warnings that we are not aware of, that he is unlikely to have published?

Obviously, there's no way of knowing as we only have Mark's word, but I didn't see him saying anywhere that this was after a long correspondence or that there'd been discussion between YT and him or his reps. It seemed like it was close to out of nowhere.

A heap of them still seem to be on there? It kinda looks like a misclick because I just have to go into the podcasts to find them.
I didn't watch OPs title video for Telander admittedly, just went to Mark's youtube and it seems to be a non issue?

Aha, they're back! This is such a weird saga. To be clear, if you can see from when I posted this thread to when you posted your response, some time had elapsed. Apparently, in that time, YT thought better of things and restored his podcast. (All of the most recent comments on their most recent video are all "Welcome back" messages, too.) When I posted this thread, if I went to YT and typed "Mark Bell Power Project" into the search bar, literally nothing would come up. Forget about "misclicks," there wasn't anything to click on. Now, however, things seem to have been restored. Very strange.

First, there are plenty of YT vids/channels that discuss steroids that haven't been deleted. Second, not every episode of the podcast dealt with steroids, so wiping the whole thing seems the definition of extreme. It's not as simple as "Steroids are bad so nothing to see here."

This all makes (a certain kind of) sense, but it was the extreme nature of literally removing every video and the channel in the blink of an eye. Flagging shit is one thing, deleting a video or two is another, but the Thanos snap and goodbye years of content isn't something I'd ever seen before on YT and it doesn't seem like an encouraging precedent.

Obviously, there's no way of knowing as we only have Mark's word, but I didn't see him saying anywhere that this was after a long correspondence or that there'd been discussion between YT and him or his reps. It seemed like it was close to out of nowhere.

Aha, they're back! This is such a weird saga. To be clear, if you can see from when I posted this thread to when you posted your response, some time had elapsed. Apparently, in that time, YT thought better of things and restored his podcast. (All of the most recent comments on their most recent video are all "Welcome back" messages, too.) When I posted this thread, if I went to YT and typed "Mark Bell Power Project" into the search bar, literally nothing would come up. Forget about "misclicks," there wasn't anything to click on. Now, however, things seem to have been restored. Very strange.

First, there are plenty of YT vids/channels that discuss steroids that haven't been deleted. Second, not every episode of the podcast dealt with steroids, so wiping the whole thing seems the definition of extreme. It's not as simple as "Steroids are bad so nothing to see here."
I think they may have ended up in a random folder playlist to be honest. I searched Mark Bell and backdoored it in through a different link. I am guessing someone misclicked a button, whilst probably doing something with a single video. When I found that, the most recent video was over 7 days ago though, so some were gone or not accessible.

It might have even been an issue from the channel itself and someone uploading with how I found it by searching within there. Haha inside PR marketing job?

I'm guessing Bell was among the most prominent discussing them. Plenty of people can slide by uploading things that go against terms because of their channel size.

It is still censorship. Everybody isn’t just blind to the fact they exist. Being educated on them isn’t wrong.

I never watched a second of his videos. He probably explained how to use them and the "benefits". Censorship is ok. Would you allow everything to be accedible to childreen and teens ?

So his channel is reinstated, am I seeing that right?
I'm all for decent content on steroids, I'd rather have a bunch of videos covering safer use and smart cycle design up on YouTube than interviews with the Liver King or some GOATA-dude. A lot of that information is available on the internet anyway and I prefer somewhat educated people on YT to a bunch of bros on a forum. Sure, YT is a business after all so they probably need to draw a line somewhere, but I'm not seeing MPMD being nuked anytime soon.
Mark Bell's idea that the sketchy link might have led to this probably makes sense. That probably triggered some kind of AI to go ahead and use the nuclear option on the entire channel, then it probably took a few days for somebody with a little knowledge on what's going on to take that back.

I never watched a second of his videos. He probably explained how to use them and the "benefits". Censorship is ok. Would you allow everything to be accedible to childreen and teens ?
I don't know if anybody has a for sure answer but age blocking is certainly one way to do it.

I don't know if anybody has a for sure answer but age blocking is certainly one way to do it.
so you are for no censorship ? So I can find out your name and adress and talk about your personal life on youtube ? As example. Or somebody teaching people to be satanists and racist is good to go ? Or 10 reason why you should start heroin, would be ok ?

Again Im saying im not sure anybody has a for sure answer for the reasons you just said but talking steroids isn't one. Did he ever actually condone people using them?

Again Im saying im not sure anybody has a for sure answer for the reasons you just said but talking steroids isn't one. Did he ever actually condone people using them?
you tell me, you watched the videos ? I guess he was talking about the steroid lifestyle. And people can definitely be infleunced. And steroids have dangers. Plus it´s youtube, it´s not goverment, owned, their house their rules.

you tell me, you watched the videos ? I guess he was talking about the steroid lifestyle. And people can definitely be infleunced. And steroids have dangers. Plus it´s youtube, it´s not goverment, owned, their house their rules.
Well I mean they just put back all of the videos back up. Something is a little fishy there wouldn't you say.

Haven't watched this yet, but Mark posted a video talking about what happened:

It's about bloody time these testosterone junkies get thrown out of the wagon.

It's time for natural guys like me to shine.

Erase all the records in Olympic lifting and powerlifting and let us naturals dominate the podium. Fuck Bell, fuck Coan, fuck Klokov. Long live Anderson and Hepburn. May they bless my (Bee Brian, real name, not pseudonym) journey of becoming the strongest masters powerlifter in Idaho much more sensual, full of hot babes to kiss my feet for every personal record.

It's about bloody time these testosterone junkies get thrown out of the wagon.

It's time for natural guys like me to shine.

Erase all the records in Olympic lifting and powerlifting and let us naturals dominate the podium. Fuck Bell, fuck Coan, fuck Klokov. Long live Anderson and Hepburn. May they bless my (Bee Brian, real name, not pseudonym) journey of becoming the strongest masters powerlifter in Idaho much more sensual, full of hot babes to kiss my feet for every personal record.

Bee Brian Blair?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back