Mario Run is out on iOS

Eazy123

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For all the Nintenerds - free to try, $9.99 to buy.

Finished world 1 and did one of the toad races. Pretty fun.

Just downloaded and played; waiting for another data download right now. But it's good so far. 6 Worlds doesn't feel like much though.

I don't really like it.

I don't like how Mario constantly runs. I also don't like how you don't have to jump over enemies. Seems like a game aimed at 5 year olds.

I don't really like it.

I don't like how Mario constantly runs. I also don't like how you don't have to jump over enemies. Seems like a game aimed at 5 year olds.

I tried it last night, and it's pretty fun, but I agree it's a bit too dumbed down. It shouldn't auto jump obstacles and enemies.

Pretty damn fun game. Purchased.

Levels get played differently as you collect all the coins from each group (pink, purple, black). Collecting a set gives you 2 tickets to use in Rallys. Unlocking other characters to use in each level is also pretty neat since all the characters have their own perks.

The game is meant to be played with one hand. not having to jump over small enemies just keeps the pace fluid. you earn more coins by doing flashy moves as you automatically hurdle them or by linking squashing enemies together.

There is no "auto jump". It's a hurdle. Jumping is all the gamer controls.

So Mario runs on his own and hurdles enemies and objects on his own. So all you really do is jump onto platforms/across gaps and collect coins?

I've really been getting into the road rallies lol. I get rustled as fukk if I lose any toads, but I'm a smug motherfucker when I get more lol B)

You collect coins to build a bigger and better mushroom kingdom.
So Mario runs on his own and hurdles enemies and objects on his own. So all you really do is jump onto platforms/across gaps and collect coins?

Play the 3 stage demo. There's a lot more to the game than simply jumping on platforms and collecting coins.

Toad Rally is where the real fun is at. Out performing random people to steal their toads for your kingdom.

Last edited:
is it worth buying the whole game?

i kinda want to but i have this thing against paying for dinky ass mobile games xD

I've easily had $10 worth of fun so far. I've collected all 3 sets of special coins, unlocked all the characters and reached level 20 for my kingdom.

Now I just re-play levels to try and collect the most coins out of my friends and I rally rally rally to bring more toads into town.

Back