Marines to send Wookies to infantry training on west coast. Update: Most fail initial physical

Ok, back from dinner. This is 'gold'. I'm having way too much fun with my 'virtual' Marine friends. WP, boots and PT, Army guy questions Marine's credentials, Marine questions Army guy's credentials. Too bad I can't get any combat U.S. Army soldiers involved in the conversation. @jgarner, if that was you backing me up a few months ago, thank you again. You pissed me off because at one point in the WP discussion you came across as anti-military. That rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe you've become a pacifist since returning from your deployment with all the 'shit' you went through. All of us combat veterans went through 'shit' in fighting the enemy. About 20 veterans a day from Iraq/Afghanistan are committing suicide. We are a dying breed. Deep down I think we are telling the truth to each other and should be happy to be the lucky ones that made it back home.

How explaining the laws of war makes me anti-military is beyond me. I'm no pacifist, but it's a job. Serving in the military means we have responsibilities regarding our conduct in theatre.

Here is a test and how you cannot prove people have or have not been in the military. Very specific questions that only someone 'who was there' would know, and yet if you do your research on Google you can find the answer. I'll use my Ranger school experience from 1992:

1. What was unique about Ranger school in 1992 that has changed in 2017? (No, not the women part)
2. Ranger Mountain Phase. What was the unique food that was served?
3. Ranger Swamp Phase. What was the unique food that was served?

Let me know if you find the answer. I'll give you the answer next time I post.

It's as simple as pulling up an MOL account or my Facebook. Or my "deployment book". It's really not hard at all to verify something this simple.

And I know of another Ranger on the board who could actually probably answer those specific questions on Ranger school. I'm not sure if he wants that information out to the board though.

I was a non-POG (Infantry - 11B) for seven years before switching MOS to Civil Affairs - 38A.

As mentioned above, you came across as anti-military at one point in our discussion. That rubbed me the wrong way being from the military myself. Seemed like a 'troll' but I wasn't sure. Way too much of the legal stuff like the Geneva Convention and Hague Convention. Sorry to hear your deployment was a bad experience. It was bad for me also, the combat part. Lost some good friends in Iraq. But for the most part my military experience was good. A lot of great soldiers. Great memories. I'm pretty sure I'm older than you and maybe that helped to cope better when I got home, but I was definitely fucked up when I got home. It took some time before things settled down again. Animals helped a lot.

Again, discussing the laws of war and the implications on doctrine doesn't have anything to do with anti-military feelings.

I did not win any argument. None that I'm aware of. We were debating WP, Geneva Convention, boots and PT, and military service.

You were the one who said I "lost" the argument. I was correct on the only things we were discussing.

The only thing I had to say about boots and utes was that seems odd that Ranger school wouldn't include a lot of running in boots. We do that shit all the time from without the blouse to partially and fully geared. I'm just surprised you've never done it. Seems like Ranger school would be the place for it if anywhere.

And yes, both my knees are shit now. I spent a lot of time doing rehab to get them feeling strong (hamstring work and mobility) but they still click a lot and just generally ache.

Ah, 'SMEAC' just posted on my side regarding the running in boots deal. Can't help it if the only guys that are willing to post are from the U.S. Marines. Being brothers, of course you guys have to back each other up. I noticed that both 'Rozko' and 'alanb' have been absent from the conversation. Both are Marines, and I have invited them both to join in. What hint is that? That you are right and I'm wrong? I don't think so. About what exactly?

Literally the only thing I've made a hard point on is regarding WP on enemy personnel and the legal situation surrounding it. And I am right on that point. Anything to do with morality or how I feel about them suffering is a completely different point. You took the conversion down a whole different road because of whatever reason.

...and again @Rozko, sorry for derailing your thread. 'Wookies', where do you guys come up with that shit?

Female Marines are called wookies because they are unshaven, dirty, and wild like a Wookie.

hqdefault.jpg

And of course it was likely some LCpl who came up with that nickname during weekend duty in between eating glue and vandalizing the duty hut with dick drawings.

Last edited:
...I'll be replying in the 'Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!' thread like I mentioned before. Don't want to mess up 'Rozko's' thread like we have been doing...
@lfd0311
@jgarner

And of course it was likely some LCpl who came up with that nickname during weekend duty in between eating glue and vandalizing the duty hut with dick drawings.

You forgot "eating crayons and getting their asses whooped by the Police in Jacksonville/Oceanside/Twentynine Palms".

You forgot "eating crayons and getting their asses whooped by the Police in Jacksonville/Oceanside/Twentynine Palms".

<DontBelieve1>

Everyone knows that once you get that tan belt, nobody is beating your ass. You're basically a ninja.

<DontBelieve1>

Everyone knows that once you get that tan belt, nobody is beating your ass. You're basically a ninja.

My bad. All you need is some basic warrior stance and it's over.

I think it's "with the slash". Especially when not slashing.

I never learned "with the slash" and I was a brown belt by the time I got out. Of course my grey and green belt course was taught by a guy who most likely was autistic. Getting those belts was a complete joke. The hardest part of it was all the PT that asshole made us do. Brown belt was pretty decent, but that still wasn't that complicated and for some reason included random learning exercises that had nothing to do with MCMAP.

The whole thing was such a cluster fuck. We literally had to go to another unit to find instructors that could give us belts. Our command was worthless regarding that whole process. Most of my staff NCOs were still grey belts and tan belts.

This is good. I'm sure out of this will get good numbers of them who would realize how great it is to be in the kitchen....

You all should have tried LINE training for some staged shit

I never learned "with the slash" and I was a brown belt by the time I got out. Of course my grey and green belt course was taught by a guy who most likely was autistic. Getting those belts was a complete joke. The hardest part of it was all the PT that asshole made us do. Brown belt was pretty decent, but that still wasn't that complicated and for some reason included random learning exercises that had nothing to do with MCMAP.

The whole thing was such a cluster fuck. We literally had to go to another unit to find instructors that could give us belts. Our command was worthless regarding that whole process. Most of my staff NCOs were still grey belts and tan belts.

Yeah, I was a grey belt, and only because we got a new LT who was a grey belt instructor. Other than that we all would have still been tan belts.

Back