Many new fans don't remember prime Fedor.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dude was lightning fast, much faster than now (and he's still crazy fast At 42) and he also had what seemed to be an endless gas tank. Dude was literally a cyborg. He is the GOAT. He was a freak. Dude would just tear through people.

968854_1.jpg

he looked quicker last night than vs mir. mir fight he looked really nervous and sluggish. that combo he landed on chael was sick, and i wish he woulda swarmed with the GNP and got a 30 second stoppage or whatever time it was. woulda been insane

In his prime he was literally the best everywhere in the MMA game. Agreed that he was lightening fast, unbelievable submission defense and also submissions, and SIZE didn't matter. It is almost unfathomable what he is still doing today and how he is looking doing it too against very good folks. Bader however, will be a tall task for him to overcome I believe.

If you missed him in his prime, you missed perhaps the greatest display of martial arts in the history of the sport.

He was the Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, of MMA

If you missed him in his prime, you missed perhaps the greatest display of martial arts in the history of the sport.

He was the Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, of MMA

We will never see another HW like him.

It really is a shame. They see win loss records, but have no context as to what happened in his fights without watching them. His technique, his speed, his size disadvantage (most times), those were the things that made everyone who saw him fight believe that he was the best to ever do it. Records only tell a small part of the story.

I was at Final Conflict 2005 when he fought Cro Cop and to this day it's one of the craziest experiences I've ever had...when he walked to the ring you could feel his aura take over the arena. So crazy

I was at Final Conflict 2005 when he fought Cro Cop and to this day it's one of the craziest experiences I've ever had...when he walked to the ring you could feel his aura take over the arena. So crazy
I envy you, so much. I can't imagine being there and experiencing something like that. The most anticipated MMA fight, ever. Conor/Khabib was close, so was both Jones/DC fights. NOTHING tops the build up for Fedor/Crocop. All of the build up happened in the ring. There were no antics outside of the arena. No brawls at pressers, no dolleys. It was real fight drama. And you witnessed the culmination.

Cheers, bud.

Last edited:
To be fair, most new fans don't even remember Cain Velasquez. Or Jose Aldo. Or Andersson Silva. And so on.

I envy you, so much. I can't imagine being there and experiencing something like that. The most anticipated MMA fight, ever. Conor/Khabib was close, so was both Jones/DC fights. NOTHING tops the build up for Fedor/Crocop. All of the build up happened in the ring. There were no antics outside of the arena. No brawls at pressers, no dolleys. It was real fight drama. And it you witnessed the culmination.

Cheers, bud.

I remember Sherdog right before that fight and EVERYBODY on here seemed to have trouble sleeping the night before and the anticipation was unlike anything I have seen. Some of the training footage they had of Cro Cop (Mainly LHK pad work that sounded like explosions) before the fight had me nervous to say the least. Still the most exciting fight in MMA history imo.

Dude was lightning fast, much faster than now (and he's still crazy fast At 42) and he also had what seemed to be an endless gas tank. Dude was literally a cyborg. He is the GOAT. He was a freak. Dude would just tear through people.
I think you are assessment is not completely accurate. Fedor was in trouble in some of his fights but always found a way to win. He dint run through everybody like Jon jones. Do you remeber the Randleman fight? Fujita rocked him pretty hard and Arlovski was lighting him up on the feet before attempting that flying knee. Fedor was a 'winner' and usually found a way to win.

Watching YouTube highlights it almost doesn't do it justice how good he was and how good the wins were when they happened.

If you didnt live through the PRIDE ERA it's really hard to understand the importance of alot of the events.

At one time fedors grappling was as feared as his striking he was known for aggressively attacking and beating guys at their strong points and was undefeated in 2 sports for a decade the guy is and was ridiculously skilled and driven.

Your topic doesn’t make sense. You are implying that the new fans new him at one point but forgot who he is? What you should’ve said was simply “ New fans never got to see Fedor in his prime”. I have a masters degree in speech and writing. So you sherdoggers don’t come up with some b.s.

My favorite fight of Fedor's was NYE 2004 Shockwave! He fought Big Nog for the 3rd time. Randy Couture was doing the color analysis & Mauro Ranallo was doing the play by play. Get 2 TV's. Play any UFC heavyweight fight side by side at the same time. You will see a huge difference in speed & power. Up until around 2008 I would have bet my life savings on all of Fedor's fights. He had a presence & there was a feeling of inevitability during his ring walk. You just felt there was absolutely no way that he would lose. Much more than Khabib or any other fighter. The first time I ever saw an MMA fight was UFC 1. So I've been watching for decades. I've never seen anything like Fedor in his prime.

I remember Sherdog right before that fight and EVERYBODY on here seemed to have trouble sleeping the night before and the anticipation was unlike anything I have seen. Some of the training footage they had of Cro Cop (Mainly LHK pad work that sounded like explosions) before the fight had me nervous to say the least. Still the most exciting fight in MMA history imo.
Won't lie, I wasn't here for it. I was a fan and knew what was happening, and watched though. Wasn't much of a forum guy back then, as far as actively posting. I would lurk and read though, and knew what Sherdog and the UG and such were.

Funny enough, it took some jackass swearing up and down that Lesnar would absolutely dominate Fedor that finally got me fired up enough to join. The ignorance around here from 07-10 with the "Lesnar would butt fuck Fedor" shit was maddening.

Back