Manny Pacquiao is threatening to sue Bob Arum, ESPN, and anyone in the US involved in his last fight

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope Pacman is forced to fight Porter, Spence or Thurman next so he gets knocked out cold, im sick of his unprofessional behavior ever since he made us wait 35 minutes in the first Bradley fight just to watch the Celtics game, dude is such an arrogant diva.

Pacman has no case, its his fault he didn't professionally contact Arum or ESPN in advance when they kept asking is the fight solidified is the money cleared, Pac never contacted anyone until a week prior to the fight so they were forced to put the fight on the app, which is not going to earn Pac any money that is Arums deal with ESPN

Pacmans lawyer is garbage the same idiot who let him signed two contracts and put Golden boy and Arum against each other.

from what I heard Arum kept trying to contact Pacs team because ESPN needed several weeks notice to clear time space just in case they dont want the fight on PPV or something, ESPN needs to schedule a Saturday time slot weeks in advance, but Pacs team didn't inform them so they were down tot he wire and had no choice but to put it on the ESPN + stream.

Im curious what money does he think he is going to get from American TV rights? the fight wasn't show on ESPN tv so he cant get any sponsor or commercial money, it wasn't on PPV, it was on a streaming app that Arum has a deal with, and its highly unlikely to prove people paid the 5 bucks or whatever it cost solely for the Pacquiao Mattysse fight.

Here is Pacquiao’s entire post to an Instagram account that has 4.3 million followers:

Congratulations and good luck to @TRboxing and @ESPN on your 7-year partnership agreement. I know both of you have been very busy finalizing the deal. However, I have not received the US rights payment for my July 15 fight against Lucas Matthysse that was broadcast on ESPN plus. Therefore, I am initiating legal proceedings against Top Rank and all other parties based on the non-payment and attempt to restrict my future rights. Thank you.
https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-threatens-sue-top-rank-over-matthysse-fight-more--131686

Back