Maldonado lost manager for taking Fedor fight: 'I made a mistake by not telling

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Fabio Maldonado is very excited to fight Fedor Emelianenko in Russia on June 17th, but taking the bout ending up costing him something - his longtime manager, Alex Davis. The unusual circumstance came about when Maldonado was offered the fight and took it, thinking it wasn't that serious of a request. To the point that he didn't tell Davis about it, even after it was officially booked and he had flight tickets.

How did Davis find out? He was told by MMA Fighting when they contacted him. This led Davis to sever his relationship with Maldonado:

"It came from nowhere," Maldonado said. "(Stefano) Sartori asked me if I wanted to fight Fedor, and I laughed. I said ‘tomorrow or next week?’ I thought it was a joke. I really didn’t believe at first, and ended up getting the fight."

"I know I was wrong," Maldonado admits. "I made a mistake by not telling him. I was going to tell him the other day, but I admit I made a mistake. I never thought it would actually happen, and all of a sudden I had everything in my hands, flight tickets for Russia and all that. I admit that he’s right."

Nonetheless, Maldonado still has the fight and will take on Emelianenko at Fight Nights 50 on June 17th. The bout will apparently air on UFC Fight Pass.

I get the managers beef, but weird time to drop Maldonado. He just got the biggest fight of his life. All he has to do is look half decent and he'll get a ton of offers.

"It came from nowhere," Maldonado said. "(Stefano) Sartori asked me if I wanted to fight Fedor, and I laughed. I said ‘tomorrow or next week?’ I thought it was a joke. I really didn’t believe at first, and ended up getting the fight."

Even Maldonado knows the fight is a joke.

Even Maldonado knows the fight is a joke.

Not one bit - it's just a warm up fight. Let Fedor get 2 or 3 more after this and then he can go to Bellator as a star. Absolutely perfect resume building.

Not to mention, Maldonado was a pretty good LHW when he was with UFC and he almost beat Texeira...why is it that now everyone thinks he's some can? Hmmmm...

I get the managers beef, but weird time to drop Maldonado. He just got the biggest fight of his life. All he has to do is look half decent and he'll get a ton of offers.
No kidding. Dumb manager.

Not one bit - it's just a warm up fight. Let Fedor get 2 or 3 more after this and then he can go to Bellator as a star. Absolutely perfect resume building.

Not to mention, Maldonado was a pretty good LHW when he was with UFC and he almost beat Texeira...why is it that now everyone thinks he's some can? Hmmmm...
He's no where close to a can. He's a bad ass fighter.

Agreed, beating Maldonado can really take Fedor's resume to the next level...

Almost beat texeira??? How by punching his face against glovers hands?

So. they went around his manager to make this fight? just another fun tidbit i guess.

Almost beat texeira??? How by punching his face against glovers hands?
I remembering him hitting Glover real nice one time which is a far cry from almost beating him. The only ALMOST should be Maldonado ALMOST losing his life

Lol what the fuck? He hit Glover with one or two hard shots in the middle of absolutely getting his ass kicked and you say he "almost beat him"?

Lol what the fuck? He hit Glover with one or two hard shots in the middle of absolutely getting his ass kicked and you say he "almost beat him"?

You shouldn't take this guy too seriously. I'm convinced he's a troll/gimmick account. In literally ever one of his posts he says something stupid or naive, and he calls people UFC shills left and right.

I don't think anyone that dumb would be able to find the enter key on a keyboard, let alone post on a forum. It's all a gimmick

I remembering him hitting Glover real nice one time which is a far cry from almost beating him. The only ALMOST should be Maldonado ALMOST losing his life

Maldonado had Glover wabbling and hurt badly at the end of the first from a nice hook. He was too beat to hell to take advantage of the opportunity though.

So how many warm up fight does Fedor needs?
You say 2-3 after this one so he needs 4-5 warm up fights?

Now thats also a joke. Just like this fight.

Agreed, beating Maldonado can really take Fedor's resume to the next level...

Yeah. After Jaideep and now Maldonado I am really curious who fedor will step up against.
I hope he finally fight some one at his real weight 185. Since Fedor is nothing but a blown up 185.
He needs at least 4-6 more warm up fights before he signs with a US based org.

It's dakimbo/chuteboxin/thugjitsu/andtheresthetap/etc. The troll has been banned quite a few times now, but like a cockroach he keeps coming back.

Neither of those things are true.

So how many warm up fight does Fedor needs?
You say 2-3 after this one so he needs 4-5 warm up fights?

Now thats also a joke. Just like this fight.

I think it's perfectly fair. He was retired for a while and needs to get back into shape as he rebuilds his resume for the American fans. If he needs 4 or 5 fights, let him take 4 or 5 fights which likely end in 4 or 5 brutal knockouts. Then he can go to Bellator as a star.

Back