Makwan Amirkhani lost that.

Why do people let knockdowns blind them so much? Knight knocked him down twice, that won him round one and that only counts for round 1. Then he proceeded to do nothing and Makwan easily took rounds 2 and 3 by dominating him, mainly on the ground. You can't knock someone down in round 1 thinking it will magically give you bonus points for the rounds to follow, each round is scored individually. Just like you can't pull a Darren Till and act as if you retrospectively won rounds 1 to 4 just because you dropped your opponent once in round 5.

I think Cub would fuck him up badly. He lacks the explosiveness and the cardio the top guys have.

Lol no way did he win, he was pissing me off with the lay and pray from the bottom bs rubber guard stalling the fight everytime

Would have loved seeing two more shovelhooks connect in round 2 as well.

A draw would've been fine, as it came down to a close round 2. Makwan scoring TD's and passing, while Knight landed the better, and more, shots on the feet.

They both lost, none of them deserved the win, I would have been ok with a Draw

I think Cub would fuck him up badly. He lacks the explosiveness and the cardio the top guys have.

Makwan would get into his head with mind games and submit him under minute.

weird the ref let like over 2 min waste in round 2 with makwan just sitting trapped in rubber guard.

knight did what he was supposed to and that was nullify amirikani on top. but it seems his talking to godard made mark even more intent to let makwan hold him. by the time he stood them up i was like "why now.....nothing changed. its been 2 minutes of no working, what changed in the last 30 seconds"

but since that happened and the judges dont understand that makwan was literally just sitting their trapped. i mean he wasnt even punching he was just sitting their lookin at the ref with jason. but it happened so you have to give rounds 2-3 to amirikani.

How did Knight win off of his back? By holding on to a rubber guard?

Knight gave that fight away imo and for sure will regret his decision-making when he watches the fight later on. You manage to hurt your opponent and what do you do? Well hold him in a stalling position, of course.

How did Markwan win? Doing absolutely fucking nothing what so ever?

Draw or slight edge to Knight imo. Knight was as active off his back as Amirkhani was from top, then there was the two big knockdowns in RD 1 than 90% of fighters would have finished the fight from.

Totally dominated on the feet?? Wtf if you dont count the two times Knight dropped Amirkhani, he was actually winning the stand up exchanges..

Absolutely not.

Exactly. Makwan dominated before he got caught with them two uppercuts which forced him to different kind of fight. Still very good outcome, performance & rise up at rankings.

Good performance!? Sherdog, now youre more stupid than usual...

Knight gave him that fight.

Hurts him twice in the first, and both times somehow managed to find himself on bottom by following a hurt Makwan to the ground.

I dont normally critique a fighter's instincts too much, but for real my dude. All he had to do was keep peppering him without getting off balance, and failed both times.

Why dont fighters EVER make their opponent stand up when they're hurt?

1 judge scored it 30-27 for Knight. The other 2 gave 2 rounds to Makwan.
Any time there is a score like that it needs to be evaluated. Even worse are fights with 30-27 for two different fighters. When I heard the 30-27 I figured that judge gave it because he was trying to give more weight to the guy off his back because there ARE times that the guy on bottom is doing more, but not in this care. I think he was just trying to break the mold but chose a bad example to give a score like that to.

Absolutely not.

Good performance!? Sherdog, now youre more stupid than usual...
Absolutely yes. Go watch it again, Amirkhanis stand up had improved very much and he landed some very good shots. The two knock downs were pretty much the only success Knight had standing.

Totally dominated on the feet?? Wtf if you dont count the two times Knight dropped Amirkhani, he was actually winning the stand up exchanges..

That’s what I saw too. Other than the times he got dropped. Amirkhani was winning the standup but not by much.

Knight was weary enough of Makwan’s right hook to not go for the kill more.

The wrestling was all Makwan. People deride Knight for pulling guard but by that time, Makwan had already taken him down easily. He probably realized he couldn’t defend so opted to be one step ahead and pull guard.

On the ground, they were both inactive but, when there was space, Knight did throw up submissions and Amirkhani did land some hard GNP.

People like to ignore this for some reason.

Back