Major loophole with USADA testing?

That's kinda scary to wrap your head around. They'll either need to make an exclusive list of supplements you're allowed to take, no exceptions, or unconditionally punish those who fail to disclose.

I agree. The tainted supplement defense should not fly when the supplement industry is unregulated. It should only work if you pop for one of USADAS approved supplements IMO.

It would be nice to know how USADA follows up the tainted defense. When USADA is buying it independently are they making sure that the batch, or brand for that matter, existed the date before the athlete got popped?
Can Jons team test supplements independently and after a couple of months tell USADA what supplement was tainted?

It would be nice to get some clarification so one can stop speculating and make Jon great again ;-)

Till he can prove he's off the juice and can win WITHOUT it, He HAS no legacy in MMA anymore.
Even that's not enough. The benefits of steroids don't just disappear when you stop taking them. That's why they need to introduce lifetime bans for cheaters. It's so unfair to clean athletes

I think is is exactly what is happening. I bet some of these lawyers have already obtained which supplements are tainted with what. PED's and "window dressing drug testing" exist across all sports, and defending usage is big business. These lawyers are ready.

Which is why the tainted supplement excuse should not be permitted if the supplement was not disclosed to USADA by the fighter beforehand. There is NO EXCUSE for not disclosing which supplements you were taking. End of story.

Exactly. If you don't disclose that supplement, then you don't get to claim tainted supplements. But I'm sure they'll give him a reduced suspension which is BS. Penalty should be increased if anything for trying to lie his way out of it.

i think people are taking bribes when rich fighters get cleared

That's why he needs to declare it ahead of time when they ask him

ya thats what im wondering too. its not even possibly for him to be innocent in a hearing anymore because he didnt disclose whatever he turned in for them to test.

Yes. They can do that. The problem is though that as MM said, you can and should send all of your supplements to USADA to be tested beforehand. Also keep in mind that regardless of intent, guys like Jones and Romero had enhanced performances.

This is kind of related to Jones, but essentially applies to anyone who is tested by USADA.

Why not just research supplements that have undisclosed banned substances and use them as a contingency plan if you happen to fail a test? Couldn't Jones, who has the money to do so, have a supplement tested to see what's in it? Now that he has failed for a few banned substances, his team coincidentally comes up with supplements they didn't disclose beforehand? That's just horseshit to me. You should be punished to the max for failing to disclose as well.

Now he will get a shorter sentence, I assume?

Before you call me a hater, I like Jones. He is the best fighter in the world, but he isn't exempt from cheating.

because you have to name the supplements before you are tested. coming up with stuff afterwards doesnt wash.

and if you disclose stuff in advance that could well be "contaminated" then you can still get suspended.

Remember earlier in the year, George Sullivan pulled off a card just because he listed a high risk supplement on his pre test questionaiire

(and then was later suspended when it turned out the supplement was dodgy)

Yep. Does anyone know what the penalty currently is for failing on undisclosed "tainted" supplement?
If they say his defense is bullshit, and throw it out. The max punishment for what he tested positive for is a 1 year suspension

Penalty should be increased if anything for trying to lie his way out of it.

and it can be.

Theres wording in the USADa anti doping policy for athletes that are misleading or deceptive or obstructive as far as adjudication goes.

it has to be coupled with the use of prohibited substance being intentional and having ability to enhance, but USADa could equally argue that if the whole boner thing is BS, then his use of the product was intentional.

'Mones Jones got busted. If he gets His ban reduced it's complete BS

If there are batches of tainted supplements about you'd expect people from all sorts of sports to be failing tests for them at the same time as Jones.
It would depend on the amount of the taint and when you took the supplement and the test in relation

TS, how in the world would you know a suplement was tainted ?

Unless you know the manufacturer and he explicitly tells you that there is something in there that is not disclosed on the label, your idea is not even feasible

TS, how in the world would you know a suplement was tainted ?

Unless you know the manufacturer and he explicitly tells you that there is something in there that is not disclosed on the label, your idea is not even feasible
I disagree.

I think is is exactly what is happening. I bet some of these lawyers have already obtained which supplements are tainted with what. PED's and "window dressing drug testing" exist across all sports, and defending usage is big business. These lawyers are ready.

Which is why the tainted supplement excuse should not be permitted if the supplement was not disclosed to USADA by the fighter beforehand. There is NO EXCUSE for not disclosing which supplements you were taking. End of story.

this is exactly what Luke Thomas fails to understand

this is exactly what Luke Thomas fails to understand

Luke understands, he understands very well.

And if it was any other fighter he would be reminding us that this is the case.

Luke just taking Howard Jacobs word for everything and repeating it verbatim like its gospel has lost him a huge amount of credibility. Thats not journalism. The guy told everyone Floyd Landis and Marion Jones were innocent for fuck sake, and Luke just takes his word for it.

Im actually hoping Jones gets the book thrown at him and all sorts of nice details come out, just to show Luke up for the biased bum he is.

Funny how that whole site is defending Jones like fuck yet stirred the shit completely with Nate and his vape pen.

Jones knew exactly what he took and it wasn't a supplement

As for that lame tainted supplement story, like Yoel, they know very well whats in that shit. Thats the reason why they take it in the first place.
I believe this. In top level sports there are a lot of connections and all they need to do is be in touch with the chemist that creates various supplements for a supplement company that tells them what he puts in each supplement, so they know which one to get. At bodybuilding dot com there were posts about certain chemists and how they altered certain drugs to give it a chemical structure that wouldn't get flagged, but would still work like the original drug. These chemists aren't hard to find, and I'm sure a lot of top athletic coaches are working with them.

I don't like the idea of hyper-regulation, especially after all the issues with chinese meat and meldonium. As long as we're not letting guys walk in there high on shit or taking very dangerous shit, they need to redraw the line.

We're getting to a point where it won't be worth the hassle. Guys making 30 grand a fight should test everything they put into their body in fear of some random micro-trace of shit ruining their careers? Not possible.

Back