Maia is doing in 2016 what Royce did in the 90s

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
I'm surprised they even let Ken fight in the UFC. He was simply too dangerous and could have hurt someone badly.
Maia of today vs Gracie of caveman days would submit him in 30 seconds ...if he did not KO him with 1 punch first.

Think about that one. He is literally just going in there, taking you down and submitting you. And to elite mixed martial artists in 2016. Not 1 dimensional bums who never heard of bjj. He doesnt even train striking at all. Pure jiu jitsu grappling.

Demian bless.

Hopefully he doesn't have another showing like he did against Marquardt, then. Up until that fight he was the anointed unbeatable-champ-in-waiting. Did he even last as long as Aldo/Conor?

*EDIT* That said, I'm hoping he continues on his tear and gets the championship.

Royce was beating guys 10000 times bigger than him tho. And Ken Shamrock...the world's most dangerous man.

Maia wouldn't last 30 seconds against Royces competition.
Is his days, Ken would beat Maia into a living death.

I think it was quite the opposite.

When Royce fought, although fought against bigger opponents, nobody knew shit about BJJ.

On Demian's era, everybody knows his moves and tactics and yet still can't beat him. In fact Condit said after the fight that he let Maia get into his back because he trained to scramble his backmount (and, of course, the other option was taking GNP), from there you see..

Back